What's new

Super waterlogged soap

I have a new soap I bought that has become super waterlogged. I have never had this issue. Now, the soap will not lather. I can technically use it but it's more like smear. I have another from the same company with the same formula.

I left the lid off for several days to no affect. I'm considering trashing it. Has anyone else had this issue? I normally never leave the lids off after use and have some soaps that are years old.

I have a shave bowl coming and will try that but I face lather with no issues.

Is it a hard tripple milled soap, a soft soap or a croap? Before tossing it I would be inclined to leave the lid off and letting it dry out.

I typically tend to sitck with the same soap for weeks or months at a time and seldom switch. If I do opt for a change before a puck is finished, I let the soap dry completely before putting the lid back on. I usually use hard soaps though.

I am yet to experience a waterlogged soap even though I tend to load from the puck. For soft soaps or croaps I tend to scoop enough into an empty container and use that until it's done.

I've had some of my olive oil based soaps get pretty gummy when they don't get a chance to dry out. Scoop it out with a spoon, smush it back into a puck shape if need be, and let it sit in a soap rack/dish for as long as it takes to harden back up. It will, eventually.

Good luck!

I've had some of my olive oil based soaps get pretty gummy when they don't get a chance to dry out. Scoop it out with a spoon, smush it back into a puck shape if need be, and let it sit in a soap rack/dish for as long as it takes to harden back up. It will, eventually.

Good luck!
I'll try this. It's Aon formula, which I have never had issues with.

Is it a hard tripple milled soap, a soft soap or a croap? Before tossing it I would be inclined to leave the lid off and letting it dry out.

I typically tend to sitck with the same soap for weeks or months at a time and seldom switch. If I do opt for a change before a puck is finished, I let the soap dry completely before putting the lid back on. I usually use hard soaps though.

I am yet to experience a waterlogged soap even though I tend to load from the puck. For soft soaps or croaps I tend to scoop enough into an empty container and use that until it's done.
It wasn't triple milled. I tried what was suggested and it was a gummy mess. I trashed it.

I guess I'm done with that soap maker.

Top Bottom