What's new

Travel with BIG brushes

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Need a little help…

I have purchased travel cases from Amazon that work for the majority of my brushes, but, my big boys don’t fit. I have not travelled with any of them, but, I’d like to have the option of doing so. Specifically, Zenith Big Scrubby brushes and the like.

The cases I have bought are ~$7 (Enerfort is the brand); I don’t want anything much more expensive. They would also be used to store my brushes that are out of rotation.

Suggestions?

Thanks, gents.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I know these are expensive... too expensive to buy enough to store a bunch of brushes out of your rotation. But for travel, I have two of them and they are truly wonderful. I often travel with two SV 26mm (over 28mm at the exit point of the crown) and the leather roll keeps the brush heads nice and round... Plus, they are open on top so I if I've used the brushes and had to pack up and leave, the brushes are exposed to the air... no mold or mildew infects them.

I would not want to use anything made from lather for wrapping a shaving brush that still might contain some moisture.

Also, synthetic brushes are a better idea when travelling than natural fibre brushes, as synthetics cope better with residual moisture.

As far as size is concerned, Simpsons have an XL travel tube that fits larger brushes like the Chubby 3, Mühle and Epsilon have cheaper than Simpsons’ travel tubes that can accommodate up to 40 mm diameter brushes.

If nothing else works, I roll a synthetic brush in a dry towel…

B,

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I know these are expensive... too expensive to buy enough to store a bunch of brushes out of your rotation. But for travel, I have two of them and they are truly wonderful. I often travel with two SV 26mm (over 28mm at the exit point of the crown) and the leather roll keeps the brush heads nice and round... Plus, they are open on top so I if I've used the brushes and had to pack up and leave, the brushes are exposed to the air... no mold or mildew infects them.

Yeah, that’s a bit high. Thanks, though!

I have the Simpsons L tube that I use for my DaVinci 291 which it´s 26 mm. Here´s my last vacation setup for comparsion with a Tabac stick
IMG_20231020_144033073.jpgIMG_20231020_143953073.jpg

It is fairly inexpensive but well built.

Cheers

Edit: I measured the inner diameter and it´s 44 mmm so mine is the L, thought it was the larger one because on the store they only had the S (34 mm) and this. So the XL at 50 mm would be a behemot!

Last edited:
I think someone’s done a sushi roller that they cut down to their brush’s size with an external tie strapping like that leather one up thread.

And I live in hot/humid, most of my travel’s been in hot/humid. I’ve never had an issue with any of my natural brushes so long as I don’t throw the cased brush (with air holes) into a hermetically sealed container and forget them. My dopp can breath and I often wouldn’t take a cased brush out of the dopp when I got home.

The cheapest solution is to take your brush to a pharmacy to see if any pill bottles work. I got a couple for free. Drill out some air holes and you’re set. Drill slowly to not melt the plastic onto your threads and make a mess of it.

Top Bottom