What's new

Sub $200 Watch Recommendations?

I have an Orient dive watch my only real complaint about it is the bezel feels a bit on the cheap side. I have a Tag with a turning bezel and it's very tight and feels solid. The bezel on my Orient has some "slop" to it also the band feels a bit on the cheap side too. To look at it you'd never know really but to take it off and handle it the band feels incredibly light in relation to the rest of the watch. I just picked up an Invicta Pro Diver off Ebay for $80 shipped. Should have it this week.

Orient without a doubt - nice bang for the buck. Invicta makes some nice watches in that price range and own quite a few - there customer service is lacking however. They have a 5 year warranty which can usually be had for free however all repairs go overseas and can take months. Many local watchmakers refuse to work on them if parts are needed because of the long wait. I treat Invicta as a throw away watch - other than battery replacements.

I have a family friend who does watch repair and sells jewelry. He said the problem with Invictas are that they won't supply dealers with replacement parts they want all repairs sent to the company.

I wanted a Chronograph and found this Seiko on Amazon for 200.00. Its kinda flashy with all the gold but I plan on getting a different band and it wont be as bad. Also they sell the silver one for $50.00 more. Still a pretty good price. Although this thing feels like im wearing a paperweight...ive gotten many comments.

http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNA414-Flight-Alarm-Chronograph/dp/B00068TJNK/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1303057145&sr=8-13

and in silver....which I am kicking myself for not getting. Looks amazing.
http://www.amazon.com/Seiko-SNA411-Flight-Alarm-Chronograph/dp/B00068TJM6/ref=sr_1_11?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1303057434&sr=1-11

Last edited:
I have the SNA411 Flight Computer and it is one of my daily wear watches. It's not that heavy at all, either with the included bracelet or a leather band. I currently have it on a plain black leather band with deployment clasp and find it to be a great combination.

There's also an eBay seller selling a Super Oyster type band custom made for the SNA411... I would probaby go that direction if I weren't expecting a SKX009 as a gift in the next few months.

Just ordered this from Chronoshark...

proxy.php

I like the look, and I've been happy with the quality of Seiko's I've owned before.

Still quite happy with my Seiko 5 Sports. I set it about once a week, and it's never off by more than 1-2 seconds (obviously I got a really good one).

I just ordered an Orient Mako this morning...with their special discount "mardigras11" I got it for 112$ shipped. Not a bad deal at all.

I like the Eco Drive line of watches. Mine is pretty much dead accurate. Durable. Going on 5 years. It was a gift and the MSRP is around 500, but I believe the person paid around 200. I send it back to citizen once a year for a cleaning and tune up just for preventative maint. They usually charge 12 dollars including shipping

Just ordered this from Chronoshark...

proxy.php

I like the look, and I've been happy with the quality of Seiko's I've owned before.

I got this watch yesterday... so far so good! I'm not going to pretend that I got a $2K watch for $50, but it is a nice looking watch. I have to admit, I like watching the mechanics through the small window.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
I got one of the Orient Diver automatic watches some 10 days ago, and must say, I am quite impressed how it keeps time. It is right up there with my other, much more expensive automatics. I paid some $110 (after a decent rebate) incl shipping and they tossed in a free second watch (nothing to write home about, though, a quartz ladies watch). In the ten days I have it, it is less than 30 seconds slow. I just wanted to see why is everyone raving about them.

Hate to quote myself....
But I just checked the watch again, and after all the time I have it, it still only 45 seconds slow (I always use Time.gov to set and check time). Absolutely amazing. This baby is right on.

I haven't posted for some time, but this topic caught my eye. :blink:

How about a Christopher Ward watch? I appreciate the price is not always sub $200, but sometimes they are under that price in the 'nearly new' section under the 'clearance' bits. I can only speak for service from them in the UK being second to none, but have heard great things about the service across the pond too!! :thumbup:

I recently got an Alpha watch. Chinese made (Seagul movement, I think) It's HUGE (45mm), but very unique. It keeps great time so far.

Top Bottom