What's new

ISO: Racing Chronograph

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just curious if anyone has experience with this version of the Alpha chronograph. It's a PVD coated case, and appears to measure 42mm rather than 39mm like the non-coated chronos. Same Seagul movement. It states a "domed hardened mineral crystal" rather than the acrylic. I sent an email to Alpha with 3 questions, but the responses were not very reliable (in italics below).

1) Is the dial of the 1957 an ivory color similar to the Paul Newman? yes
2) Is the 2mm increase of the 1957 case due to the PVD coating, or is it a completely different case? yes
3) Are the crystals the same between the watches? yes

I THINK this version is supposed to be more of a Speedmaster "homage" rather than the Daytona, but I don't keep up with some of those details. It almost appears to be an "original" Alpha design. I think I like the red accents, the removal of the "chronometer", and the crisper numbering on the subdials thanks to the outer section being flat vs the record player. Just curious if there's an obvious homage reference that I'm missing.

View attachment 1134579
"Yes"

LOL!

Very helpful customer service right there! Looks a lot like they want to sell you a watch my friend!

Perhaps....but they left off the part about giving me an additional discount if they were looking to seal the deal. 🤣

Top Bottom