What's new

strange pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if there's anyone who's in the medical field here on the forums that could maybe shed some light on this pain that I've been having for awhile. It started about a month ago that I noticed at least, and it's a recurring pain in my lower right abdomen. I would say it's a few inches from my belly button. Sometimes I notice a pain that feels similar under my right side rib cage...it's like it fluctuates between that and my belly button area. I don't really feel ill or anything like that...it's just an annoying nagging pain that feels like a munchkin pinch. It pulsates for several seconds then goes away only to come back seconds/minutes later. This past week I haven't noticed it too much up until today before I left for my parents' place for Xmas dinner.

Now for some info about myself. I definitely don't have the healthiest lifestyle. I don't eat that good and I'm guilty of downing several cans of mtn dew in a day. For someone my age I know I'm alittle over weight. I'm between 6'2''-6'3'' and around 260lbs. I've stopped drinking pop and sugary junk for the last week and have used the elliptical machine 3 times at 15mins a piece. Not much I know...but it's a start. I used to be in such good shape just years ago..not sure what happened lol. I guess I met my gf and got lazy and let myself go....a bit too far I'm afraid.

Now I did some research online...not the greatest idea as I now think I could have a million different things wrong with me. But from what I could tell the best diagnosis I could come up with is a chronic appendicitis. From what I read it basically said some people don't even know they have it. That they experience a similar recurring subtle pain in their right abdomen. Acute appendicitis definitely doesn't seem to fit my symptoms as I'm not having doubling over pains and severally sick. I also think it could be the onset of Type II diabetes given my weight and poor diet. I just don't know.

So has anyone else here ever experience similar pains as me? Or does anyone have some insight as to what is causing my pain? I'm gonna schedule a Drs appt later this week to get checked out.

As David said, go see the doc. S/he is much better than what we can find on Google. Good luck, and I hope you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom