What's new

Strange But True Eagle G3 Story

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
After receiving the Eagle G3 last night (did I mention it is in Best :whistling:) I gave it a little work out to defunkify it so that it would be ready to go this morning. I worked it over a puck of T&H Luxury Soap and I could see that this brush was very eager to create lather. And create it did. Gobs and gobs of wonderfully thick, meringue-like lather. You know, the kind we always talk about. :biggrin:

Well, after working over the T&H about 3 times, I rinsed it out and put it on the shelf with my other brushes and snapped some quick shots of it (with different lighting) excited about the prospect of using it the next day.

Here are the pictures of the brush as it looked before I went to bed (with different lighting. :huh:)

full

full
I went to bed and watched some of the Jets/Giants pre-season game and then dozed off. At 6:30 A.M. I awoke to the sound of my alarm clock. I leaped off the bed to begin my first shave with the Eagle G3. What I saw next simply amazed me. :eek:

When I looked at the brush this morning this is what I saw.

THE BRUSH HAD LATHERED ITSELF!!!!

At first I was afraid to get close. So I went and got my camera and took some shots (with different lighting :rolleyes:)

full

full

When I thought it was safe I moved closer to take some quick shots (with different lighting :glare:).

full

full

I then quickly grabbed the brush and rinsed it out and used my it for the fiist time. It was amazing. :thumbup1:

I knew this brush was eager to make lather but this is ridiculous. Tonight I will store it in the box that it came in. (with different lighting :cursing:)

I know it's strange but it's true. :yesnod:

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, I miss my T2 two-bander. It was a shedder :crying:

Notice in the first and second lathered up picks how the 56 and T2 have turned away in fear?

Now I'm looking at my Eagle like a disappointed Jewish mother.

"Have you seen what your cousin is doing these days? You couldn't be more like that?! And you never call..."

Man, I miss my T2 two-bander. It was a shedder :crying:

Notice in the first and second lathered up picks how the 56 and T2 have turned away in fear?

Dont say that! Lost a few hairs already but I've never had a brush where I didn't lose some in the first week or two.

I noticed they were turned away as well, but I thought it was more they were turning in shame, and if you notice the Astor is turned a bit as well, but it appears more annoyed and not impressed and giving it the cold shoulder.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Finally, something that strikes fear in the heart of the 56.

Yes. Yes, indeed. The 57. :wink: :biggrin:

I noticed they were turned away as well, but I thought it was more they were turning in shame, and if you notice the Astor is turned a bit as well, but it appears more annoyed and not impressed and giving it the cold shoulder.

It would appear that that brush has something up it's... Astor. They are a fickle bunch.

Last edited:
Dont say that! Lost a few hairs already but I've never had a brush where I didn't lose some in the first week or two.

Ah, don't fear every brush I've owned has lost hair. The T2 never stopped - it shed hairs every shave for months and months and months.

It all makes perfect sense now with scott's observations! The Eagle upon arrival was smitten by the Astor, and in an attempt to win the Astor's affections has done what no other brush has ever done and lathered itself! It's unclear what the 56 and the Tulip 2 are doing. They could either be in fear and ready to jump or just hanging their head in shame, or whatever reason but it is clear that alas the Astor is not impressed and does not share any feelings in return. Ah unrequited love... :a37:

Top Bottom