What's new

Straight Switching.

If you touch-type on a computer keyboard, play a piano, guitar, or drums and perform a variety of tasks that require cooperation of both hands (like making a snowball), you are using motor skills in both of your hands. Even if you depend heavily upon your dominant hand, you can teach your alternate hand new tricks. Although many people do shave entirely with their dominant hand, if you can learn to use both hands you will find it is easier to shave certain parts of your face.

A barber told me they dont switch hands in order to train the other hand to feel and stretch the skin, is important for them because they are not shaving a familiar face (unless is a regular customer) so they look for imperfections, bumps, scars etc on your skin and stretch so the stroke never changes on the shaving hand and end up with a smooth, even shave all the way around.

Interesting. I never knew that, but it makes sense. Guess I should have asked my barber but never did.

It took a half dozen shaves or so, but I managed to get the hang of using both hands. It really improved my SR shaves.

Top Bottom