What's new

STRAIGHT RAZOR ADDICTION HELP

Like Polarbeard says, the vice changes, but the bottom line stays the same. When I started, I bought anything and everything that looked interesting, with wild variances. From Gold Dollars to Thiers Issard and a lot of others that caught my fancy.

Now I am a lot more picky and wait for something special. I control my RAD, buy less, but still spend about the same amount on my hobby/addiction. My last acquisition was a Fili 14 Sub Cero and I think the next one may just be a Koraat. Still can't resist the odd Chinese "bargain", that inevitably shows that you get what you pay for. The journey can't be complete until you own a Chinese, German, French, Sheffield, Swedish, Spanish, American, Latvian, Japanese and Austrian blade (please don't add more, the end is in sight).

I used to associate Spain with sunshine, sangria and sexy senoritas. Now I the first thing that comes to mind when you mention Spain is Filarmonica. Must be an age thing, or maybe just a shaving thing that changed my outlook on life!

... I bought anything and everything that looked interesting, with wild variances. From Gold Dollars to Thiers Issard and a lot of others that caught my fancy.

this feeling waxes and wanes for me through out the last decade. Just as i think its gone for a bit, it pops back up.

I used to associate Spain with sunshine, sangria and sexy senoritas. Now I the first thing that comes to mind when you mention Spain is Filarmonica. Must be an age thing, or maybe just a shaving thing that changed my outlook on life!

Lol, same here. Its a 14 thing!

Last edited:
what about la chicka de rojo........holding a Filly?????

thatd be something!

camo

that'd totally be something, but this is the best i can do for now, since the travel lockdown!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sorry but everyone enables each other in here.

What many have said before me I bought everything in sight if it caught my eye, plus I have restored a lot of straights for my collection.
No, it does not get easy you just move to something else until the right razor comes up, and yes its a very deep rabbit hole to fall into or pushed.

But I have enjoyed my journey so far, would I do it again you bet I would....

Top Bottom