What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

20201101_223216.jpg
20201101_223253.jpg

My Most recent purchase from japan, came in very nice condition only needed a quick polish.
honed her up on a Jnat (nakayama apparently) then 0.25 micron strop found the edge very harsh will re-hone

Hello to all;haven't posted in some time due to medical issues with myself and my wife.Haven't picked up any new razors until today.Marked,"Extra Hollow Ground Sheffield" the horn handles(thought at first they were synthetic)have inlays of silver wire and abalone.Price was very reasonable(eighteen bux).
ExtraHollowGroundSheffieldRazor$18 001.jpg

nice score matt!!!!!

patience has its rewards.

camo

Thanks Camo!

Lore I heard was that JMP made this brand in order to compete against the German 14s without diluting the Filarmonica brand.

If you look at the Eagle stamped on the back of the tang (and box) it does look like the German Eagle commonly used in WWI and WWII insignias, especially WWII, though this razor was 1917 according to the box. Also, does seem to cater to the Imperial Army.

I am looking forward to seeing how it shaves compared to my other 14s.

Vr

Matt
E1F9AE56-ACE2-414B-B045-BCC3BDB34A24.jpeg

Thanks Camo!

Lore I heard was that JMP made this brand in order to compete against the German 14s without diluting the Filarmonica brand.

If you look at the Eagle stamped on the back of the tang it does look like the German Eagle commonly used in WWI and WWII insignias, especially WWII, though this razor was 1917 according to the box.

I am looking forward to seeing how it shaves compared to my other 14s.

Vr

Matt
View attachment 1177444
Where do you get these!?

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Picked up a Karve Brass Open Comb, Plate B. I just ordered the base plate and the extra long top cap and have it on a WCS brass handle right now. Waiting patiently for a Tibam brass handle to arrive.

Kit 20201105.jpg

Thank you for the feedback. I now have something to wish for once I get my technique up to par enough to acquire a nice razor... or two.

Top Bottom