What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

Ok Ok, ribbing accepted. I just enjoy the shopping/finding/exploring aspect. Admittedly a bit much at times.
I'm with you, I enjoy exploring, reading reviews and shopping for bargains. Speaking of which, I've seen Buffalo Trace range from $24 to $30 in my local shops. One store sells Buffalo Trace for $30 and Eagle Rare for $32. Go figure.

Four Roses Single Barrel here
One of my favorites in the price range.
proxy.php

McKenna 10 year. For the price (low $30's) you cannot beat it.

You will thank me later.

Damn...the secret is out.

McKenna 10 year. For the price (low $30's) you cannot beat it.

You will thank me later.

Damn...the secret is out.
Agreed, the McKenna 10 is a great all around bottle of bourbon. I wonder if the age statement is on the chopping block?

Agreed, the McKenna 10 is a great all around bottle of bourbon. I wonder if the age statement is on the chopping block?

Yeah, the rumor is that they will go the way of EC12 and remove the age statement. I hope it's just speculation as the 8-12 year aged bourbons are oh so good in my book.

On another note I just picked up a bottle on 1792 Full Proof. Wow. It's really good (but at a higher price point)!

Angel's Envy. Also Gentleman Jack.

I worked for Brown-Forman for 6 years. They own Jack Daniel's but a true BF employee won't touch a drop of JD. They only drink Old Forester, because that's what the company was founded on. Always thought that odd as JD is what makes that company go.
What are your thoughts on Gentleman Jack? I was in the store the other day and noticed the bottle is sporting a new label/look.
proxy.php

Well ... technically ... Gentleman Jack isn't a bourbon ...

That said, it's what first opened my eyes to whiskey neat or (my preference) on the rocks (one big rock), as well as the mid to upper end bourbons. So it has a special place in my heart, but I don't currently have any in my stash

I have just moved to Evan Williams BIBond ( bottled by Heaven Hill I believe) for easy at home straight bourbon. Hard to beat the price too.

Top Bottom