What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

I dont have fancy pics but my Bourbon journey over the last year has led me to the following:

Basil Hayden - Favorite! Have not had a better bourbon yet. With every sip I find myself thinking "damn thats a good whiskey!"

Evan Williams Vintage Single Barrel - 2nd favorite so far. Not sweet but not bitter. If allowed to mellow in some ice, it brings out a very smooth velvety profile. I find it very relaxing after a long day. Price point makes it VERY palatable too.

Other bottles ive tried:
four roses small batch
Larceny
Tin Cup
Wild Turkey (some special edition)
Makers Mark
Bookers

Short list of Bottles I intend to purchase:
Blanton's
Elijah Craig
Woodford

I have an opportunity to pick up a bottle of Knob Creek 2001 but im not sure it is worth the $130 asking price... Im always on the lookout for a rare bottle to pop up in my local stores (rowans creek, weller 12, yamazaki etc)

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Blanton’s is special
I have 4 large bottles of Elijah Craig 12 year remaining. Then my hunt will be back on for a favorite.
Try the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Oh my!!
You’re off to an awesome beginning. Looking forward to seeing your progress and where this road gently leads you!!!
Speakeasy

437BD6FD-2083-4333-9D6C-BCF9283639E4.jpeg
Just poured one of these to enjoy while the Bolognese Sauce is simmering.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
I prefer this over Blantons Single Barrel.

makersmark46__85881__60956.1358534254.380.500.jpg

Blantons I find a bit hot and needs one cube. Mark 46 is fine as it is :)

There’s plenty for everyone. Another couple of bottles in the basement including a reserve.

Thats not enough, for some of us BOSC'rs anyway lol.

I remember a conversation my father had with a friend one day in the apartment building we lived in while living and working in Regina Saskatchewan. This guy was a retired professional boxer, drank a lot of whiskey, and once fought George Chuvalo. My father asked him "How much whiskey do you think you drank over the years?" His reply was one word, "Boxcars."

High West Rendezvous Rye

I'm not super traveled in whiskey thanks to the horrible cost of spirits in WA, but this was excellent. At a lower price point, I'd usually grab Angels Envy or 4R Single barrel.

I prefer this over Blantons Single Barrel.

View attachment 838534

Blantons I find a bit hot and needs one cube. Mark 46 is fine as it is :)

Thats not enough, for some of us BOSC'rs anyway lol.

I remember a conversation my father had with a friend one day in the apartment building we lived in while living and working in Regina Saskatchewan. This guy was a retired professional boxer, drank a lot of whiskey, and once fought George Chuvalo. My father asked him "How much whiskey do you think you drank over the years?" His reply was one word, "Boxcars."

Not to worry. I have boxcars more of everything you could want.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I am down to 4 bottles of Elijah Craig 12 year Barrel Proof.
The 1.75 liter size bottles and then I am gonna be buying bottles to find what I LOVE again. Gonna miss Elijah 12

I have to say I'm becoming quite a fan of Elijah Craig. My local store has a hand selected barrel, which was only 9 years old, but one of the nicest bourbons I have had...and for $30. I went back for another bottle and found another hand selected barrel...15 years old.

EC is becoming my "go to".

Evan Williams Bottled in bond
Or as a daily driver,
Evan Williams or Old Crow... Yea, I went there. Still tastier than any Canadian or non-bourbon American whiskey. I like Bourbon and I’m frugal.

My drinking bourbon is Wild Turkey 101, a severely underrated bourbon, in my opinion. If I’m at a nice restaurant I’ll get a Woodford. The wife prefers Blanton’s.

A great pick - Henry McKenna Single Barrel - has seemingly disappeared overnight from the shelves.

proxy.php

Top Bottom