Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

Discussion in 'The Speakeasy' started by Pine, Aug 9, 2016.

Eagle Rare 17. Bottled in the same building with Blanton’s, only the ER 17 is better.

1. REV579

REV579 Contributor

It's a lot cheaper too

2. A bottle of Bulleit is always in the cabinet.

3. Hi all,

Ahhhh, I am a Bourbon fan and I'm all about finding the best bang for the buck.
    My "go to" best "all around" Bourbon is without a doubt is "The Dirty Bird" WILD TURKEY 101.
    Also, excellent (but a bit more pricey) is "WILD TURKEY RARE BREED".
    Other Bourbons I have enjoyed are : W.L. Weller, Old Grand Dad 114, Eagle Rare, Elijah Craig, Bulleit,
    Old Forester and others I can't recall at this time.

SixCats!

4. Excellent recommendations - especially the Old Grand Dad 114.

5. @Pine , Hi Pine. Thank you Sir for the kind words. Ahhhh yes, OLD GRAND DAD 114 is pretty darn good!
    Quite smooth in fact and it's very tasty (and goes down too easy)! I have to make sure I don't drink more than a couple of drams. Have you tried "The Dirty Bird" ?

I love this review :

SixCats!

6. Always have a couple bottles of Old Grand Dad 114 put up. Great stuff for a great price. Wild Turkey Rare Breed is great also. Old Forrester Single Barrel, Old Forrester 1920 Prohibition, Russell's Reserve Single Barrel, Russell's Reserve Single Barrel Rye, Pikesville Straight Rye, all good.

Mike

7. @mglindo , You're a good Man Mike (with good taste in Bourbon)!

SixCats!

8. Thank you sir! I love a good dram as I see you also do! :thumbsup:

Mike

9. E204B8E2-0878-4360-88E1-2B943ED7EEDE.jpeg 2E857A20-C698-40FB-B9D9-C67E1AF87776.jpeg
    Pride of the Volunteer State.
    If I can’t find 1816...George Dickel gets the call.

10. Basil Haydon is hard to beat.

11. Hi @MasterOfPups,

Ah yes! I've heard very good comments regarding BASIL HAYDEN BOURBON.

SixCats!

12. they Really make some of the best

13. Hi @oldtree,

Geeezeeee, looks like I need to try some Blaton's! I too have also heard/read very good comments on Blaton's.
    Truth of the matter is (at least in my humble opinion) there is a LOT of wonderful American Bourbon!

SixCats!

14. Distillery is down on Market St., Southside. Near the Choo-Choo. Well worth visiting.

15. Thanks!

16. Woodford Reserve

17. Buffalo Trace

18. At my age, I can't wait for upgrades. Went to the top with 15 and 20 year Pappy Van Winkle. Came across these 2 at a gas station owned by a retired liquor dealer.
    Have a bottle of Elijah Craig for company drop by's.