What's new

Stonehaven and Penzance Alert Thread

I guess we'll find out together LOL. I'm unsure of any of the online inventory - especially for P&C these days. I'll be glad if they actually put any packing material into the box - last order had 3 dented tins.

How up to date is the p and c website inventory anyway? Do they accurately track inventory amounts or am I just waiting to get a rejection letter?

P&C is pretty good, if you completed the order, you will likely get a confirmation email within a minute or two. When they are sold out, it will show gone on the site.

I got my Penzance from El Fumar along with a new Old Boy. Great day at the mailbox!

Sorry to get everybody excited by posting here, but thought it was pertinent.

I may have possibly gotten the last 14 tins of Pelican from P&C. That or they just didn't want to have the backordered part of my order on their books forever.

Email:
Thank you for choosing Pipes and Cigars to place your order! I am contacting you because unfortunately the .....Butera Pelican~ you ordered has been discontinued. The item has been cancelled and your card has not been charged for this item.

If you have any questions or concerns please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-494-9144, Monday-Friday 8am-7:00pmET.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused..

Have a lovely day,

I speak Spanish | Hablo Español

Stefanie P | Customer & Sales Representative | Pipes and Cigars

1911 Spillman Dr. | Department #26 | Bethlehem, PA 18015

PH 610-297-9051 x831 | FAX 610-297-9053

pipesandcigars.com | [email protected]

I'm a little annoyed. I had the opportunity to pick up Pelican (& or Penzance) on both sites they appeared on that day. I didn't order because I'd already placed an order earlier on Smoker's Haven. 11 days later, I haven't received it. Checking on the site, it says it is awaiting fulfillment. Had I known they were out of stock, I would have foregone the order and happily ordered the Butera or Esoterica when available. I'm further annoyed because the SH never reached out and notified me that the order wasn't being shipped and they charged y card the day I placed the order. I left a phone message earlier today, and also sent an email. Hopefully I can find out what went wrong.

I'm a little annoyed. I had the opportunity to pick up Pelican (& or Penzance) on both sites they appeared on that day. I didn't order because I'd already placed an order earlier on Smoker's Haven. 11 days later, I haven't received it. Checking on the site, it says it is awaiting fulfillment. Had I known they were out of stock, I would have foregone the order and happily ordered the Butera or Esoterica when available. I'm further annoyed because the SH never reached out and notified me that the order wasn't being shipped and they charged y card the day I placed the order. I left a phone message earlier today, and also sent an email. Hopefully I can find out what went wrong.

I had place an order with Smokers Haven about 2 weeks back and then contacted them about a week ago as I hadn't heard anything regarding shipping. I receive an email back from Premal Chheda saying that he was the only one fulfilling the orders and he was a bit backlogged. He apologized for the delay and my order shipped 24 hours later. From my limited dealings, he seems like a stand-up guy and I would think your order is still viable.
It seen

I'd give them a call after they open (remember the time difference) until someone answered. Regardless of Premal's integrity in past dealings I find it unacceptable to have my card charged and to not having my order in my hand two weeks later let alone not shipped. That's my two cents and I've known him for decades.

I had place an order with Smokers Haven about 2 weeks back and then contacted them about a week ago as I hadn't heard anything regarding shipping. I receive an email back from Premal Chheda saying that he was the only one fulfilling the orders and he was a bit backlogged. He apologized for the delay and my order shipped 24 hours later. From my limited dealings, he seems like a stand-up guy and I would think your order is still viable.
It seen

I'd give them a call after they open (remember the time difference) until someone answered. Regardless of Premal's integrity in past dealings I find it unacceptable to have my card charged and to not having my order in my hand two weeks later let alone not shipped. That's my two cents and I've known him for decades.

I was reluctant to post a reply given that this is an alert thread (maybe a discussion of hard to find blend alert thread thread could be started to avoid false alarms), but since the thread popped up active with an actual (albeit moneygrubbing) alert, I figured I'd use the opportunity to reply. I received a response from Premal early Saturday morning along with notice that the 'baccy had shipped. In the email he noted he was inundated with purchases and running a one man operation. I've got mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I'm happy my order is enroute. On the other, it is a bit irritating to have no contact from the vendor with status updates. I don't attribute it to any foul play on Premal's part, but probably poor business management. It isn't something that would absolutely preclude me from doing business with someone that had a product I really wanted, but would factor into my decisions on whether to order from them or elsewhere.

SH is sold out. Penz is still available.

I finally got to order some SH. I've been searching 12-15 websites, 3-4 times a day for approx. 1 month. I'm so glad that I no longer have to do that.

Top Bottom