What's new

Stirling Syndicate

IMG_2223.jpeg

IMG_5071.jpeg

Razor: Heritage Collection Shaving Gibbs 15 Adjustable Replica (black anodized)
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (d7)

Pre: P.A.A. Cube 2.0 w/ Cube Dock
Lather: Stirling Soap Company Faskally
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T1 (23mm)
Bowl: AKA Brushworx Abalone 3-Pass

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum w/ No-Slip Grip System & Dry Dock System
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Faskally
Finish: Stirling Soap Company Faskally

First, shave with this Gibbs Replica and I have to say it was a good one. This little razor is sturdy and top-heavy, which makes sense considering its short handle, but overall felt good in my hand.

I had fun experimenting with this razor's adjustability. I ended up finding a nice aggressive gap to get my blade feel fix with but did play with some less aggressive gaps for my follow-up passes.

With the absolutely stunning Faskally soap and this practically perfect Gibbs Replica razor, I walked away with a fantastic bbs shave. The Trafalgar T1 contributed admirably to this great shave and worked just fine despite its smaller stature.

Overall I'm very happy. Faskally smells amazing! It's a true banger! No doubt. And the razor, brush, and bowl all were superb in my opinion. I couldn't all for more. Except, I would love to try one of the XL long-handle Replicas, but that's whatever at this point seeing as I don't have access to one.

Thanks for reading and enjoy your shaves.

IMG_5653.jpeg

Razor: Tatara Masamune Ti
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (d5)

Lather: Stirling Soap Company Executive Man
Brush: Yaqi Ocean (28mm)
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements Fine Lather Bowl

Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Executive Man

Executive Man for the win! I needed a win today and Stirling Soap Company's Executive Man gave it to me.

Just about every shaving soap artisan has something to cover the Aventus category. For me though, Stirling Soap Company's Executive Man checks all the boxes. With its sophisticated and classy pineapple ensemble, there's no denying its appeal. There's really no need to look any further. It's that's good!

The soap's lather was extremely slick and provided me with some great protection. When it comes to Stirling's soap base I just know I'm guaranteed a great shave.

The Tatara Masamune did an outstanding job shaving my face. When paired with a quality blade like the BiC I used and a top-tier soap like Stirling's, I'm all but guaranteed a flawless shave.

The Masamune has a nice feel to it. I appreciate its matte finish, the dimples in its handle, and the inherent smoothness of titanium. You can tell this is a precision tool at first touch. I will say it's not an aggressive razor but it is a very efficient one. I really enjoy the shave I get with this razor.

I did three passes then a nice long thoroughly enjoyable cold water rinse. Afterward, I applied some Executive Man aftershave and was feeling right and ready for the day.

Thanks for reading my friends. Enjoy your shaves.

IMG_5725.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Aristocrat (1966 L1 "Slim")
Blade: RK Stainless (d4)

Lather: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Brush: AKA Brushworx "Spring Pink" (26mm AK4)
Bowl: AKA Brushworx Abalone (3-pass)

Aftershave: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red
Finish: Stirling Soap Company Light-Ish Red EdT

Happy Bungie Day! If you're a fellow Guardian or Spartan then you know what I mean. I thought in honor of the day that it would be most fitting to use Stirling Soap Company's Light-Ish Red software. This soap's label is Halo themed and seeing as Bungie birthed Halo, I thought it perfect for the day.

As you may or may not know, I absolutely love Light-Ish Red. It's in my top three scents from Stirling S.C. And I have a lot more than just a few of their epic releases to compare with. To me, it's just amazing! I'll say it's very bold and beautiful. So what if it just so happens to have an icon like Chief on the label? That just makes me like it even more.

Though you can't fully see it the pink brush is a recent addition that I won from AKA Brushworx. I knew immediately that I wanted to give it to my generous and loving lady. In the past she has bought me many pieces of software and hardware helping to further my journey down the rabbit hole that is wet shaving. How can I not want to repay her in kind? Not only that but she has a real need for this brush.

I've been steadily and slowly, and I mean slowly inching her closer and closer to becoming a traditional wet shaver. So, this awesome Spring Pink brush is a perfect addition and matches the pink Lady Gillette I previously gave her. Here's to hoping this will do the trick.

Never the less she let me use it for my shave and I couldn't be happier with its performance. The AK4 knot is very soft and a real joy to use.

I did a three-pass shave on 7, of course and earned a sweet bbs. I topped things off with some more Light-Ish Red and am ready to go kick some...

Happy Bungie Day again my friends. Enjoy your shaves.

Last edited:
Top Bottom