What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Stirlings mutton tallow is easily on the level of B&M reserve and other soaps I highly regard. One of my slickest soaps, with amazing post shave feel.
20190219_192306.jpg

Am I the only one that can't tell much of a difference between Stirling's soap bases?

The bases are all the same I believe except for a paltry few that use mutton tallow. I think the latter adds a little more luster to the post shave feel, but as far as shaving better than their regular base, no. There are snazzier soaps sold by other vendors for sure, but Stirling never disappoints with its performance and excellent scent usage. It's damn near boring to use as the performance is always the same: great. :wink:

The bases are all the same I believe except for a paltry few that use mutton tallow. I think the latter adds a little more luster to the post shave feel, but as far as shaving better than their regular base, no. There are snazzier soaps sold by other vendors for sure, but Stirling never disappoints with its performance and excellent scent usage. It's damn near boring to use as the performance is always the same: great. :wink:
That makes sense since I always use an aftershave right after, so "post shave feel" isn't a thing for me.

Anyone else out there love this scent so much??

I had an awesome shave with Executive Man, followed up with the EM Post Shave Balm. The more I use Stirling, the more I love it, and it is hard to beat the affordability of the product and what they offer.

If you had to pick only one Stirling scent to use from here on out, what would it be and why?

My fav Stirling soap is the Nag Champa. Used it for the 1st time yesterday and the smell lingered basically all day well into the evening. This is followed closely by Margaritas in the Arctic for those warm and sunny days. Nag Champa when the weather is cold and damp and MitA for the spring/summer and you're all set!

This is followed closely by Margaritas in the Arctic for those warm and sunny days.
No such thing as using MITA for only warm and sunny days, I just used it yesterday and is was in the mid 20's to early 30's all day... I also use Frozen Tundra year round too. They are just too good to not use year round!!

Ok.... the soap is stellar! It’s thirsty and can take a lot of water. Has a beautiful creamy shine to it when it’s hydrated properly. Slick as can be. Extremely easy to lather. The smell... while I don’t hate the smell I dont love it either which may be a deal breaker for me. Definetly a summer scent. Perfect cream other than the citronella smell. I may try their “sheep” which is the unscented version. Maybe add my own fragrance oil. Great stuff!

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I just got the haverford soap and aftershave. Both now available no longer limited and in the 5.8 soap and 100ml as. I really like this scent.off the puck i get a mix of vanilla and tobacco flower reminds me of wsp version of tobacco. The scent developed nicely with lather present but not overpowering. The aftershave is great. But not overly long lasting.

I have a tub of haverford and think its a wonderful scent. Had no clue it was modeled after Tom Ford and smells different from any other interpretation of this scent i have come across.

A strange thing about this soap is the top layer is brown and the middle is white, but shortly after scooping the soap it turned that brown color. Kind of a color changing soap lol was pretty cool.

Hey all,

I got a variety of Stirling soaps a few years ago and recall having trouble getting them to lather at first. So much so that I recall there being a bunch of YouTube videos showing how to do it.

Fast forward to this week when I got a new tub of gentleman and it lathered easily and wonderfully, nothing like the stuff I got before. The only difference phisically is that my previous soaps were just the refills, but this time I got it in the tub.

Any of you know if they’ve made fundamental changes at all?

Thanks.

Stirling did change their formula a couple of times in the past until the got it right - maybe two years ago? Since then it hasn't changed to my knowledge.

I had Stirling soaps at the time they had a nasty rancy animal smell, but lathering them up wasn't a problem, shavewise they were great. After I heard that they changed their lanolin distributor, I bought in late 2015 a few more (meanwhile, they also changed to the green tubs I love so much). Shavewiese and latherwise I didn't notice any difference, but thankfully the stink was gone. I can't imagine what you could do better now. So, I am more afraid if there really was a change after 2015.

Top Bottom