What's new

Stirling Syndicate

To me WSP's dupe of Aventus comes the closest to the real Creed cologne. Barbershop by Stirling remains my favorite by this house.
Love the barbershop... Even if it's not traditional, as some say, it's a great scent.

Off topic, but I also love Razorock Blue Barbershop. Probably my favorite barber scent. [emoji846]

I was coming to comment on the very same thing, from the opposite perspective. Lol.

I lathered up my Executive last night and realized how light and quickly gone the scent is, especially compared to the likes of Baker Street. I like the scent of my soaps to have some staying power.

Thus I'd probably say my favorites are now between the other two I have (Barber and Baker), with Executive coming in behind them.

All in all, I need to try more Stirling scents, though. Can anyone comment on how Piacenza is for the scent lasting? Thanks.

Oh definitely, but sadly I am one of the few that gets cloyed easily, our hot weather does not help too.

Lasting scent of the Piacenza soap, to me, I'd say it's more than the Executive but not Baker St or Barbershop level. Those two has an underlying sweetness and warmth that will last longer.

The only product I've tried that smells like Aventus is Captain's Choice Venture. I've never tried the real thing, but absolutely love the Captain's Choice. What Aventus clones would you recommend?

I haven't tried the real thing either, but of the ones I've tried (which is only a few, there are a lot out there) Venture is my pick right now. Scent is fantastic and I like the Captain's Choice creams. In my opinion the executive man comes off with the higher fruity notes a little more pronounced, but the scent is overall notably weaker than the Captain's Choice. I haven't tried Fine soaps, but their Platinum is supposed to be a pretty similar scent to executive man in a soap with performance similar to that of Tabac.

I’ll have try that.. thanks for making me aware of it. I’m sort of a barbershop scent fan. Have quite a few but I’m always looking for new ones.
I am horrible with scent descriptions, but I really like the description given in an Amazon review (regardless of how accurate it is) lol...

"Scent:
You ever seen Marlon Brando in the 1953 movie “The Wild One”? This is what I imagine that smells like. The scent is suppose to be RR’s recreation of the now mythical and unobtainable Floid Blue. I never had the luxury of smelling Floid Blue, so I don’t know - don’t care! Actually, what the scent does remind me of is Jean Paul Gaultier’s iconic “Le Male” - which is suppose to evoke barbershops, leather, chrome and sensuality. Blue Barbershop smells like what I think “Barbershop” scents should be. There’s the initial citrusy/lavender~ish and powder combo with fresh black leather, a hint of cedar in the background? I’m guessing here."

I am horrible with scent descriptions, but I really like the description given in an Amazon review (regardless of how accurate it is) lol...

"Scent:
Blue Barbershop smells like what I think “Barbershop” scents should be. "
I had to laugh here because you have someone describing a barbershop scent and has no idea what a barbershop smells like!! I would think that most people at some point in their life have been to a barbershop in their journey!! I just can't imagine anyone that hasn't...

Update:
I ordered a case that showed up today and great news...its a winner so far. The Stirling bar fits easily and the only con I have is that it will leak if you have excess water in the case when you store the soap in it and close it. It does have a thin sponge in the bottom that I would assume is there to absorb any excess water to an extent though and I'm sure that is why the mfg'r put it in there. Here are some pics...
View attachment 943998 View attachment 943999 View attachment 944000
Where is this from? I travel a LOT and i have a Walmart one that i can only fit well used bars in :)

I just ordered the Stirling MITA afterbalm as well as the Soap Commander Respect afterbalm.
Looking forward to getting these in Australia as the alcohol versions cannot be shipped here (without taking out a mortgage to pay)!

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
i did a search and found zero regarding Stirlings mutton tallow soaps specifically Electric Sheep. I understand the be all and end all of tallow is mutton. Not expensive at $13.20 for 5.8oz. I just ordered some and fear I may be in for something I hadn’t bargained for namely th smell of mutton tallow which I understand can be strong but buried under a lot of lemon and citronella fragrance. What say thee? Any experience?
Tallow is Very good for the skin period. I have Stirling Glastonbury and the scent is fine.

Well it just arrived! No worry about a gamey mutton tallow smell as it smells like a citronella bomb exploded. I like citronella as I have not been traumatized by bug spray in my youth. Gonna give it a try tonight!

Does anyone have feedback on longevity of Stirling Sandpiper? Especially relative to the latest batches of YSL La Nuit de L'homme.

I have the bath soap, and the scent doesn't last long on my skin at all and I only get a few hours of longevity from YSL, so I'm hesitant to make the purchase.

Thanks for any feedback!

Mine doesn't last very long. 30 minutes more less, maybe an hour as a skin scent. I wish it did as I got complimented on it a couple of times.

30 min is atrocious...thanks for helping me save some $$$

Wait, I think I derped on that one. I just remembered they have colognes now and I am only talking about the aftershaves.

I haven't tried the EDT, the performance could be very different. Sorry for the confusion.

Agreed...although the scent doesn't stay long on my skin, which is why (in combination with wasting tons of $$$ over the years on poor performing cologne) I'm hesitant to buy the edit without good feedback on the longevity.

I can't comment on the longevity of the EDT because I have only tried the soap. It's a fantastic scent!

Agreed...although the scent doesn't stay long on my skin, which is why (in combination with wasting tons of $$$ over the years on poor performing cologne) I'm hesitant to buy the edit without good feedback on the longevity.

I have Executive Man, Picaenza, and Sharp dressed man Edts. I get about 4 hours with a decent projection, but my SO says she can faintly smell it a few hours after that if I ask. I use 3 small sprays and the matching deodorant and I am good all day.

Top Bottom