What's new

Stirling Syndicate

Stirlings mutton tallow soaps: Glastonbury, Scotts Pine, Electric Sheep, and Port au prince. Is Stirlings best-kept secret. Such a good post-shave feel, and even slicker than their beef tallow line.

Stirlings mutton tallow soaps: Glastonbury, Scotts Pine, Electric Sheep, and Port au prince. Is Stirlings best-kept secret. Such a good post-shave feel, and even slicker than their beef tallow line.
Hmm, oh really? Is it on their website or maggards?

Thanks for letting us know about Glastonbury and Port au Prince being mutton tallow, I wasn't aware of that. I do agree about the notch up in performance though, absolutely great stuff! I have Scotts Pine Sheep

Thanks for letting us know about Glastonbury and Port au Prince being mutton tallow, I wasn't aware of that. I do agree about the notch up in performance though, absolutely great stuff! I have Scotts Pine Sheep

Pine is my favorite out of them all. Electric is a close second.

I forgot to mention they have a new unscented mutton tallow soap called "Sheep", but I haven't tried it.

Pine is my favorite out of them all. Electric is a close second.

I forgot to mention they have a new unscented mutton tallow soap called "Sheep", but I haven't tried it.

If I like the Electric Sheep I’m going to try the unscented Sheep for when I want to put on some smell well. But I’m afraid of the gamey barnyard tallow smell they bury deeply under pine and citronella.

Let me warn you: it's not for the timid as it smells like two hippies fighting in the mud & doused with patchouli oil!! :117: :07: Strong stuff, but the actual soap is superb.

Terrific description!

You’re the first guy I’ve ever seen use a strong visual to describe a smell.... well done! [emoji12]

I like their Executive Man and their revival of SS' Baker St. but if I would choose one, it would be a toss up between Piacenza (AdP) and Sandpiper (La Nuit).

There was a time when I became almost obsessed with Aventus, buying colognes, soaps and AS I could find in this scent.. and then bam. I got tired of the scent.

Executive still stays in my rotation, they scented the soap light enough that it works well for me.

On that note, I read they had an LE of D&G's "The One" scent. Wish this would become a regular thing, I'd definitely buy a set.

The base is great, the usual reliable Stirling but with a slightly even better post-shave feel, at least in my experience.

Scent strength is also remarkable. My room will smell like citronella if I leave the lid off the puck.

The scent can be polarizing, almost like Arko is polarizing. Citronella doesn't bother me so I'm good there.
I had to throw away the sample I received. The citronella was unbearable.

Executive still stays in my rotation, they scented the soap light enough that it works well for me.

I was coming to comment on the very same thing, from the opposite perspective. Lol.

I lathered up my Executive last night and realized how light and quickly gone the scent is, especially compared to the likes of Baker Street. I like the scent of my soaps to have some staying power.

Thus I'd probably say my favorites are now between the other two I have (Barber and Baker), with Executive coming in behind them.

All in all, I need to try more Stirling scents, though. Can anyone comment on how Piacenza is for the scent lasting? Thanks.

Top Bottom