What's new

Stirling Soap Samples

I started Buying Stirling products about a year ago and have since become a real fan of the entire Stirling line-up. I purchase the soap, splash, balm and EDT for nearly all the scents I buy. Among my favorites are; Executive Man, Island Man, Mountain Man and Sharp Dressed Man. That said, you get great performance at a reasonable price and the free samples are a great touch. Their Body Butters are also fantastic. Yup, I love Stirling.

I discovered the Stirling brand when I bought the 5.8 tubs of Arkadia and Varen at a discount from Pasteur. I quickly became a convert and the brand replaced MdC as my favorite brand. I then a purchased the following samples directly from Stirling:

Sharply Dressed Man
Executive Man
Black Cherrie
Glastonbury
Baker Street
Haverford
Mountain Man
Deep Blue Sea (free .5 oz sample with order)

I then purchased a tub of Scarn, and Scots Pine Sheep. My favorites so far are Varen, Arkadia, Glastonbury, Scots Pine Sheep, and Executive Man. I have full tubs of Barbershop, Glastonbury, Electric Sheep, and Executive Man on the way from Pasteur's 4th of July sale.

The only scents I was not a fan of, personally, were Black Cherry and Haverford. I prefer cologne style scents.

In the end I found a great solution for the samples. I took an empty soap bowl with lid and pressed each of my favorite samples as separate layers into the bowl. Now I have a full bowl of soap that I use regularly and that will reveal different scents as I use through the different layers. I already used the Glastonbury layer and am into the Executive Man layer now.

Cheers,
FeatherBBS

I discovered the Stirling brand when I bought the 5.8 tubs of Arkadia and Varen at a discount from Pasteur. I quickly became a convert and the brand replaced MdC as my favorite brand. I then a purchased the following samples directly from Stirling:

Sharply Dressed Man
Executive Man
Black Cherrie
Glastonbury
Baker Street
Haverford
Mountain Man
Deep Blue Sea (free .5 oz sample with order)

I then purchased a tub of Scarn, and Scots Pine Sheep. My favorites so far are Varen, Arkadia, Glastonbury, Scots Pine Sheep, and Executive Man. I have full tubs of Barbershop, Glastonbury, Electric Sheep, and Executive Man on the way from Pasteur's 4th of July sale.

The only scents I was not a fan of, personally, were Black Cherry and Haverford. I prefer cologne style scents.

In the end I found a great solution for the samples. I took an empty soap bowl with lid and pressed each of my favorite samples as separate layers into the bowl. Now I have a full bowl of soap that I use regularly and that will reveal different scents as I use through the different layers. I already used the Glastonbury layer and am into the Executive Man layer now.

Cheers,
FeatherBBS
This is a great idea! Might have to try this as opposed to a separate empty 4 oz for each sample

I added five more Stirling Soap samples today. And Stirling being the cool company that they are, they threw in some Bay Rum bath soap too. Rod and Mandy have a terrific group down in Arkansas. I wish every company had their attitude for pricing and customer service.

proxy.php

I love Stirling's sample pucks because for a nominal price, you can try several of them and decide if you want to invest in a full mug. I currently have 12 samples, 9 of which I like enough to order a mug, three others I don't like well enough to re-order.
With the holidays coming, I ordered this one and received it today. First impression: it absolutely captures the season beautifully.

proxy.php

From their website: "With a base blend of pine, fir, evergreen, and mistletoe, and top notes of warm vanilla, cranberry, and seasonal spices, this scent is sure to put you in the Christmas spirit."
I should say so!

Stirling being Stirling, they threw in a little gratis gift:

proxy.php

Looking forward to trying this as well. Yes, it does smell like an evergreen forest.

And finally, of the samples I've bought from them, this one was love at first sniff: Barbershop. This is my All-Time Favorite Shave Soap Scent. Period. So I bought a full tub.

proxy.php

All this and a nice little personal note on the invoice. That's why I do business with this company and will again. Great stuff for a reasonable price. (And, no, I'm not on their payroll!).

This is a great idea! Might have to try this as opposed to a separate empty 4 oz for each sample

I did the same. Pressed five samples into a small Pyrex bowl with snap on lid. I call it "Stirling Surprise". I know the top layer is Electric Sheep, and the bottom layer is Lime, but can't remember the three in between. Surprise!

Other than that, I have full tubs of Barber Shop, Stirling Spice, Glastonbury, Pharaoh's Dreamsicle, and Sandpiper, all great scents and great shaves.

I also use the bar soap for a pre-shave face wash when I'm having an afternoon shave without a shower...and have my wife hooked on their body butter...so...

...I guess I'm a fan...🙂

Top Bottom