What's new

Stirling Amount of soap

doctordial

my brain goes "thonk"
I ordered Stirling's sheep soap awhile back and thought I ordered a sample puck. I got a full puck in the mail and thought to myself dam that's a lot of soap. Maybe because I usually just order sample sizes from Stirling because they last a good while especially if you are using other soaps. I sliced it up into smaller sizes and I using one now. One slice is for a friend and the biggest slice is in the freezer now. Is it ok to leave in the freezer. It'll probably be in there for awhile

I just posted this in your other thread and think it would apply here as well...

"Been a Stirling user for over 6yrs now and I load it like I own it which is usually enough for a 4-5 pass shave every other day!! I would say YMMV here but that is just to cliche so given from experience, sample puck = 30-35 shaves so a tub should = 150-180 shaves total. Since I shave every other day I am in the upper part of that number.

I also think brush has a lot to do with the number also. I use nothing but synthetic every other day so I'm at the number specified above. I would say if you are using badger it would probably be in the 120-150 shaves and Boar would be 140-160 shaves... Natural brushes are known at times to eat lather from time to time...

At this current time I have 6 soaps I am working with at this time, 5-Stirling and 1-Ethos and pretty much using my Stirling Glacials full time since like a year ago August and would suspect the 3 scents should be finished off sometime later this year. I do find that with the Ethos I don't use as much soap per use and it lathers faster but not by much though... The Ethos tub I believe is in the 7.5oz size so should last much longer than a tub of Stirling."

Top Bottom