What's new

Stirling: jar vs puck

When you fall in love with the soap (and you will!) you can then just buy pucks to refill the tub, and save some money while also saving on some plastic waste.

Reactions: bjm
Just shaved with the tub of coniferous I got for Christmas. Performance was excellent, as expected, however the scent was disappointing. The scent of conifers, pines etc. is subtly in there but it seems to be upstaged by the smell of dirt of all things. Hmmm.... 0 for two so far, the Puros left a lot to be desired too.

I've bought more soaps than I can count whose fragrances looked great on paper, but were really disappointing, and some so off-putting I couldn't bring myself to use them. Thankfully one man's pleasure is another man's pain, and I've almost always been able to trade soaps I didn't like for soaps I did on the BST forum. The Coniferous might make somebody's day...

(and I shouldn't neglect to say that I have more Stirling in my den than any other kind -- great soap)

I agree wholeheartedly. Stirling is tops in performance as far as I'm concerned. It was quite a surprise to smell dirt at the dominant smell. Very odd indeed, but not enough to turn me off the brand. I was hoping for something very pine-like, but definitely not pinesol smelling. Actually What I really want is something akin to the pine incense that, back in the day, everybody's aunt burned in those tiny log cabin incense holders.

Start with the tubs and then when you have enough tubs you can switch to the refill pucks.

There's also the option of starting with a puck
and a container made for the puck.

You can also get labels.

I have too many soaps and get bored quick. I prefer Stirling's refill puck, bought with the smaller, empty container they sell. The larger tubs usually find their way to the bottom of my shave soap drawer and don't get used as much.

Top Bottom