What's new

Stirling: jar vs puck

Does there tend to be much difference between Stirling's shave jar and refill pucks? I'm thinking about getting their Coniferous shave soap. I'm not sure that I really have a preference either way. Any thoughts?

StirlingSize.jpg

Just so happens I have both refill and a tub for comparison. I'd rather pay
a bit more for Stirling's tub and the extra soap.

they are definitely on the firmer side when it comes to artisan soaps. definitely not a croap.
Appreciate the response! Only soaps I've used are milled so the irregular surface just looked like it was "creamy" for lack of better description.

Back on point, does the tub preserve the scent longer term than the puck? Does one offer an advantage over the other?

Back on point, does the tub preserve the scent longer term than the puck? Does one offer an advantage over the other?
The puck is a refill to reduce packaging waste. It is a refill for your empty green tub, or any container you wish to store the new puck in.

The puck wrapped in plastic is intended as a refill for those that already have a container to put it in. The soaps are the same, you just get a little more when you buy the tub from Stirling.
Are you suggesting the puck and the contents of the tub are one and the same? Is not the puck a hardened soap?

The puck is cheaper, obviously, since you're not buying a plastic tub and i believe the pucks are an oz less than if you bought the whole tub. The advantage of the puck is just less plastic waste in your possession to be discarded later, or alternatively, the tubs can be re-purposed for things like screws in your garage. There is something oddly satisfying about swirling your brush onto a brand new pour, though.

My recommendation is to get the full size tub over the refill puck. For the extra $3 you get 1.3oz more soap and a tub instead of having to find something to put it in and getting less soap

Top Bottom