What's new

Steep vs shallow angle - When/where to use which

A steep angle seems to work best for me... except under my noise where I need to go very shallow.

Is there a rule of thumb when to use a steep angle and when/where to use a shallow angle? Do you change your shaving angle during a pass or the pass after?

Thank you very much and best regards from Germany,

sakaltras

how do you shallow on your nose? Doesn’t the cap hit your nose?

how do you shallow on your nose? Doesn’t the cap hit your nose?

Hi Avi,

I have something like a straight razor, often called devette. It is a safety razor without a safety bar, so that I can shave under my noise ATG.

Is there a rule of thumb when to use a steep angle and when/where to use a shallow angle? Do you change your shaving angle during a pass or the pass after?
What is missing here is the neutral angle {design angle} as that would be the most effective angle for blade exposure. The neutral angle is where I would try and shave to get the best razor performance but with a very positive blade exposure razor, I would tend to a shallower blade angle.
It is a safety razor without a safety bar, so that I can shave under my noise ATG.
So that is not a safety razor as it has no safety bar. That would be a shavette.

Top Bottom