What's new

Start your engines!

Any racing fans among B&B? Personally, I mostly follow open wheel racing (IndyCar and F1). I occasionally look into IMSA/endurance racing as well - especially the "big" events. Rally racing always intrigues me, but I find it difficult to follow/watch. I haven't watched NASCAR regularly since the days when Mark Martin was considered a road course expert.

Recently, I've really been enjoying the F1 season as the teams are figuring out the new specs. Ferrari's recent failures at race strategy is mind boggling. On top of that, the F1 announcers have to be the best there is. They come across genuinely excited about the product on the track, which I find enjoyable.

Anyone else a fan of motorsports?

I love Nascar, but haven't gotten into F1. I loved seeing a race live at Teladaga. I would definitely stay at the campground there when I get another camper.

I've been to Bristol and Charlotte for NASCAR races, and have visited Daytona once while on vacation (no race at the time, just the track). Seeing any racing in person is certainly the way to go. TV just doesn't give the sense of speed/sound that you experience in person.
What're your thoughts on the race at IMS? I know a lot of folks want them back on the oval, but I'm not sure the tires will hold up. The Brickyard race was essentially responsible for the whole "competition yellow" fad.

I've been an F1 fan and follower for close to a decade now, back when Lewis still had spots and drove for McLaren. Drive to Survive has done wonders for F1's popularity. Ferrari imploding is one of the more entertaining things to happen as of late.

I love most racing. F1, Indy, WoO (winged sprint cars), CH3NO2 (nitromethane), etc.
I used to like Isle of Man road races. Now I wonder who will finish the week. Riders and spectator.
F1, does a signed piece of paper mean anything. History says no.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
I love most racing. F1, Indy, WoO (winged sprint cars), CH3NO2 (nitromethane), etc.
I used to like Isle of Man road races. Now I wonder who will finish the week. Riders and spectator.
F1, does a signed piece of paper mean anything. History says no.
Isle of Man = holy smokes, that is too fast.

Something I was fascinated by and never saw live were Unlimited Hydroplane races. I still want to see them! Wish I could have when they had the v12 engines.

I like F1 Indy car racing. I live 30 miles from Talladega. I went so many times as a kid. Nascar has regulated the sport where only diehards or the younger crowd go. Just my .02. But the luster of the old days ( 60s-70s) is gone. Dale Earnhardt carried the sport until his death. I would not go to Nascar race with free skybox tickets.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
I am a dirt track fan, but I have been known to watch and enjoy everything from R/C cars to lawnmowers to belt sanders. My father and I went to an NHRA Top Fuel event at Cordova in Iowa, even got in the pits! Those Top Fuel cars are something else, especially from literally 5 feet away!!

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I am a dirt track fan, but I have been known to watch and enjoy everything from R/C cars to lawnmowers to belt sanders. My father and I went to an NHRA Top Fuel event at Cordova in Iowa, even got in the pits! Those Top Fuel cars are something else, especially from literally 5 feet away!!
As someone who grew up in Iowa, I must say that the Cordova Strip is in Illinois. :lol:

The “new” America’s Cup boats with hydrofoils are VERY interesting. Getting boats that big to go that fast.
Give me the sounds and smells, Castro castor bean oils( yes) alcohol or best is nitromethane.

Top Bottom