What's new

Star Trek Transporter.

I heard this mentioned a couple days ago on a radio show. The context was if the host had access to the transporter from Star Trek he would transport himself onto a particular boat and go fishing. I didn't give it much thought but as the day wore on I kept thinking. If I had access to the transporter for 24 hours what would I do?

Off the top of my head here is what I could do and be pretty happy.
Wake up, transport myself and family to Cantibury for a Full English breakfast at an Inn that I stayed at a few years ago. Off to a park or pool for the girls to play in till just before an early lunch in Bruges. Great city to walk and stroll off the lunch and grab a couple chocolates. Then to Napa for a wine tasting while the girls nap at home. Italy to tour the razor museum that I hear so much about. Miami to pick up the girls from their nap. Orlando to go to Disney for a couple shows and rides. To New York to play in FAO Schwartz for a while. Home to drop the girls, then back to Napa for dinner. Over to the beach for a walk and back home by the early am.

Without much planning I could do that.

So what would you do if you had access to the transporter for a day?

Edit: Oh I would probably have a shave in London somewhere along the line!

I'd have to say Antartica. Check out the Penguins.

Then go to Norway, and get some whale steaks for dinner.

Then finally....home to relax, then get some sleep.

I'm easy to please....go outside a bit, have a steak, go to bed :smile:

Vegas! :lol:

OK, first to Disneyworld for their Belgian waffles (yeah, they're in the shape of a Mickey head, but they're the best I've ever had) then transport to London for a shave at Trumper's. Stop by Savile Row to browse suites. Find a style I like then...

...transport to Hong Kong to have a copy made for me at 1/4 the cost. :tongue_sm Check out the electronics district for a couple hours. By this time I'm probably hungry so transport to NYC for a deli sandwich. Stop by the NYC shaving stores everyone talks about to look at "toys" for a while.

On to Hutchinson, KS to visit the Cosmosphere and Space Center for the rest of the day.

*Then* to Vegas for the evening! :thumbup1:

--Mark

To Italy every day 2 the old time shave shop that was mentioned on one of the other threads-nowhere else matters. :thumbup1:

Marty

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Travelling through space is nothing. It's time I want to travel through, relativistic proscriptions notwithstanding. :thumbup1:

First I would transport myself to Texas and buy MasonM the biggest most wonderful birthday dinner in the entire world...and offer him my apologies for biting his head off last week...... then I would come home and instantly transport everything in my house to the new cabin in the woods... Can't you just see me trying to push my couch through the transporter! :eek: If I get done in time I will transport myself down to the Carribbean for a rum punch on a beach in time for the sunset and listen to some Reggae..... :thumbup1:

I will stop on my way back home to tickle Jenna! :biggrin:

Sue (Mama Bear)

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
I loved the episode of The Simpsons where Homer buys a pair of transporters for two bucks. He keeps one by the couch and one by the fridge to fetch beers. Eventually, he moves the second unit to the bathroom.:rolleyes:

Great one Sue!

I was already picturing you pushing your couch through the transporter, before you told me to.

Jenna goes to bed at 10pm, make sure you get here in time. :biggrin:

mrs. chefchris said:
Great one Sue!

I was already picturing you pushing your couch through the transporter, before you told me to.

Jenna goes to bed at 10pm, make sure you get here in time. :biggrin:

Oh No! I have a transporter and A Curfew! :eek: :biggrin:

Top Bottom