What's new

Trip to Portugal

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Since you mention it, I won't be bringing the blades back. They aren't allowed on the plane. :lol:
Chef:
Can you mail them back home?
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Portugal..: A garden planted by the sea shore". Travel Slogan

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Surely in the checked luggage?
Not checking luggage. With the exception of our flight from Porto to Faro. And that was only because Ryanair's carryon policies were clear as a good lather. Light and nimble. Made easier by using AirBNBs equipped with a washing machine. LOTH and I don't care if there are repeat outfits and I doubt if anyone will recognize us.

I may seek out a post office and mail them back. Otherwise I can eat the €.50. Especially since cured meats are 1/4 what I pay for them back home. Speaking of food cost I added smoked salmon to my breakfast this morning for €3 expecting a meager two slices... I kid you not, it was at least 6 ounces. That would have been at least $12 in the store, let alone a restaurant.

Dear Lisbon,

I absolutely love you. I will absolutely gush whenever I speak of Portugal and the Portuguese people. Truly, everyone has been so kind and helpful.

Thus far-

Lisbon Cathedral
Castelo de S. Jorge
Carmo Convent
Jeronimos Monastery
Museum of Contemporary Art

Not to mention aimless wanderings through Alfalma, Chiado and Baixa. Miradouras, great food and wine, and just being in a vibrant happy city.

Sintra tomorrow. Quinta da Regalairia and the Moorish castle for certain, possibly one more but that may be too ambitious. I can't imagine hurrying through anything. It would just be better to save it for a return trip. How could I not come back?

I'll post some more soon, including my culinary experiences.

In the mean time, please don't be this guy-

1000001256.jpg

But do your best to see this-

1000001252.jpg

Happy shaves all!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still having an amazing trip. My only complaint, mind you that I knew this going in so it's an empty complaint, is how do I say? Have you seen the latest John Wick movie? Do you remember the climax with the stairs? Yeah, it kind of feels like that.
1000001367.jpg

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Last night in Lisbon, I'm about to sign off for the night. This is what I have laid out for tomorrow morning.
1000001657.jpg

King C Gillette with a Wizzy Super Iridium some Leah and a wee little piggy that I picked up this afternoon dumping the last of my euros.

It has been a great trip, I am looking forward to getting home.

A parting shot of the Algarve-
1000001603.jpg

Happy shaves all!

Top Bottom