What's new

Star 100 Owners Club

It came with the instruction pamphlet and "how to display" paper but I think they're just copies. The razor and blade pack are very nice. It shaves very well, almost on autopilot. The handle is great. Mild like a Tech but probably more efficient.View attachment 1677264
I've always thought this razor was superior to the Tech, which is itself an incredible razor. My 100 is in my top 10 razors (plus you can get them relatively cheaply still).

It came with the instruction pamphlet and "how to display" paper but I think they're just copies. The razor and blade pack are very nice. It shaves very well, almost on autopilot. The handle is great. Mild like a Tech but probably more efficient.View attachment 1677264
Beautiful condition. The blades and Admiral promo are a good bonus too. We all seem to agree that this razor is more efficient than the Tech. Congratulations and many happy shaves with this acquisition.

I got mine today and its in really good shape. I am quite happy with it. Here are the pictures.

@Alum Ladd I weighed mine on my scale and its 55 grams. I don't know what normal weight of the razor is but that is what I got.

20230701_155223.jpg

20230701_155240.jpg

Razor: English PAL/STAR 100
Blade: Nacet (1)
Brush: Simpson's Duke 1
Cream: Palmolive Classic
AS Balm: Boot's The Chemist Freshwood (Sandalwood Scent)

IMG_20230328_214016356.jpg

Excellent shave tonight with the PAL.

A lovely, well mannered razor, which will out-Tech many Techs.

Terrific fun to use as always. A DFS+

Last edited:
Calling fellow Star fans!

I am wondering if any of our members with the heavier Star 100 American models, can take blade gap measurements given time and the availability of feeler guages? Any measuring by owners if you have the time, would be most helpful.

Techs of the mid to late 40's which overlaps the Star's release in 1946, had gaps apparently in the 0.25" - 0.28" range.

It would be informative and interesting for historical purposes if any Star 100 owners could take time to measure their examples.

Any responses would be much appreciated!
I got a hold of a scale and measured 58g and 0.19" blade gap with the feeler gauge. I expected a wider blade gap as this razor feels more efficient than my tech. But of course the angle and exposure are important measurements too.

Razor: Star Gold 100
Blade: Personna 74 (1)
Brush: Zenith Manchurian 505 handle
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia Neroli Siciliano
Aftershave: Floid the Genuine, Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Cool Shave Balm

My first time using the Star Gold 100 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. More efficient than you think it would be, great grip with the handle and provided a very smooth shave. Great shaver, really glad I have one.

20231119_181006.jpg

Razor: Star Gold 100
Blade: Personna 74 (1)
Brush: Zenith Manchurian 505 handle
Preshave: PAA The Cube
Soap: Abbate Y La Mantia Neroli Siciliano
Aftershave: Floid the Genuine, Nivea Men Sensitive Skin Cool Shave Balm

My first time using the Star Gold 100 and I thoroughly enjoyed it. More efficient than you think it would be, great grip with the handle and provided a very smooth shave. Great shaver, really glad I have one.

View attachment 1751232
Welcome to Star 100 ownership. They really are great little shavers! And those Personna 74 blades are cool. Never tried them but one day hope to get my hands on some.

I thought I'd already popped in here since March, but I must have been thinking of the "non-Gillette" thread. I've had this around a year, but without the ability to travel through space and time I can only apologise for my tardiness.

A UK made PAL. It's a good one.

Screenshot from 2023-11-26 09-32-04.png

I thought I'd already popped in here since March, but I must have been thinking of the "non-Gillette" thread. I've had this around a year, but without the ability to travel through space and time I can only apologise for my tardiness.

A UK made PAL. It's a good one.

View attachment 1754230
Its never too late to post. Beautiful looking razor. From what I can tell the Star 100's were made between 1946 and 1959. Any idea of the time line of the Pal version?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
IMG_8782.jpeg
IMG_8784.jpeg
IMG_8786.jpeg
IMG_8788.jpeg

I had better join this illustrious group. Here is my Star DE razor. It came off eBay quite a while ago and you can see that cap has lost all of its plating. Still works wonderfully and I should use it more often as it is a really great shaver.

View attachment 1756723View attachment 1756724View attachment 1756725View attachment 1756726
I had better join this illustrious group. Here is my Star DE razor. It came off eBay quite a while ago and you can see that cap has lost all of its plating. Still works wonderfully and I should use it more often as it is a really great shaver.
Well I don't know how illustrious it is but welcome to the group. I'm sure that razor shaves just as well without the plating on the cap. These Model 100's are great shavers: efficient and comfortable.

This is an illustrious group. It has been written on a thread here so it is true.

As you can see proof. :yesnod:

This is an illustrious group. It has been written on a thread here so it is true.

As you can see proof. :yesnod:
Well in that case I stand corrected for questioning the illustriousness of this exclusive group. And I'm deeply humbled to be a member. ;)

Top Bottom