What's new

Spouse/another razor dialog.

Any of you gents had this discussion in your house? So yesterday I told my spouse I'm getting a new razor and wanted to check which credit card to put it on. So went like this: Me . 'So I'm buying a razor and wanted to know which credit card to use' Her "What? You're buying another razor, Don't you have a lot of razors already?" Me. No, I have only two (forgot I have three). Her "So you need another one?" Me 'Well the price of everything is going up. So some things I want to buy now. This razor's on sale for like $43, lists for about $80 and soon may be $100. Her "So you need it?" Me ' I want it, you know what... just forget it. Her "Just buy it then, put it on discover."
Those conversations happen in my house after the razor's have already arrived! 🤣

I have had those discussions on the household yes, but always in a loving way. And truth be told she is right most of the time.

I am also waayyy past three razors. Not to mention my soap supply and blade stock. Brushes are on the rise too. And I only have been shaving for about 1.5 years. I don’t have any other (too) expensive hobbies.

She has reluctantly accepted and since getting the third razor calls it an obsession. I think she’s right (again).

But all is well. She makes me want to be a better man.

Cheers,

Guido
Define "way past three razors". :lol:
Wait, what? Only 1.5 years? Prior to that you had a full beard?

Define "way past three razors". :lol:
Wait, what? Only 1.5 years? Prior to that you had a full beard?
Nope. Daily shaver always. I used a Sensor and shaves with a Philishave for about 20-25 years prior to December 22. Picked up a DE and never looked back.

I used to ask my wife's permission for purchases but then realized she spends money all the time without asking me so it's all bets are off.:lol1:
I have a pretty tight budget and don't spend crazy money but I have spent some on guitars.
Same with razors. When I add up all I've spend on traditional shaving, it's a little surprising but, hey, it's spread out over a few months. ;)

Last edited:
the razors aren’t so much my issue as is my high from getting something new to me and reselling something else.

before this it was RC helicopters that i turned into a freelance writing job. that’s ended and i sold off all the models. i had gone through over 60 models over 16 years.

before that it was performance automotive stuff. also turned into several jobs that i got burnt out on. no more performance cars.

i have a therapist and getting to the core issue is on the docket.

i have 9 razors, 3 brushes and 3 pucks of soap. all of them work well enough but i’m not sure if i’m happy or know which of them i do like or why.

mental health is complicated and i just want to have a thing that makes me feel good and know why and not need or want anything more.

my wife wants me to be happy with my choice whether it’s a free razor or a super expensive boutique razor.

Top Bottom