Spicy scents

Discussion in 'Fragrance' started by NurseDave, Mar 26, 2018.

I have a few soaps that to me, have a white peppery type spice to them. A rich warm, yet sharp spice. I'm looking for something to wear with them. Right now I pick from their Bleu de Chanel or Missoni.

1. sarimento1

sarimento1 Contributor

Nursedave, have you tried Pen's Blenheim Bouquet?

2. Nope, I'll check it out next time I'm there

3. Sounds like you are a fan of spicy orientals. Try a sample of Opium EDT. There's a reason it is such a classic!

4. Of the Penhaligons, I'd have thought Opus 1870 would be the pepper-spiciest (and it does have a warm drydown).

I would also strongly recommend Black by Comme des Garcons (not the Blackpepper, as counterintuitive as that might seem) and for an interesting pepper take, maybe Poivre Piquant by L'Artisan.

5. Nice, thanks for the suggestions guys. I’ll have to go on a hunt.

6. Have you seen Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. For a nice pepper fragrance, some readily available ones you might try are Penhaligon's 1870, Terre d'Hermes, and Dior Sauvage.

8. Acquire a sample of Déclaration by Cartier.

Lots of spice in that, great performance as well.

9. It's interesting, I have Pen's 1870 and get more of a pencil graphite note. But my nose is out of whack for certain scents I'm aware. I appreciate the tips. I'm making a list for the next time I'm out looking. You guys rock!

10. L'Occitane pH is a nice peppered lavender.

My current spicy fave is Comme des Garcons Blue Encens, but the price to longevity ratio is tough to swallow ( I got mine on used super-discount ).

I did some EO/FO sniffing recently, as much as I enjoy the CdG. Black Pepper EO and Cinnamon Leaf EO definitely made me want to dig deeper down those lines.

11. +1. This stuff is really well named. Plus, it even smells really good on my lady, too!

12. +1 for Terre d'Hermes

13. Vintage Avon Blue Blazer. Definite spicey soap note going on in that one.

14. Light spice - Blenheim Bouquet
    Heavy Spice - Piper Nigrum

15. Opium pour homme or Penhaligons L.P. no9 Trumpers sandalwood also quite spicy.

16. +2 for TdH... EDT or EDP

17. Another vote for this stuff

18. Spicebomb is outstanding. My wife calls it sex juice!