What's new

Spicy scents

I have a few soaps that to me, have a white peppery type spice to them. A rich warm, yet sharp spice. I'm looking for something to wear with them. Right now I pick from their Bleu de Chanel or Missoni.

Of the Penhaligons, I'd have thought Opus 1870 would be the pepper-spiciest (and it does have a warm drydown).

I would also strongly recommend Black by Comme des Garcons (not the Blackpepper, as counterintuitive as that might seem) and for an interesting pepper take, maybe Poivre Piquant by L'Artisan.

For a nice pepper fragrance, some readily available ones you might try are Penhaligon's 1870, Terre d'Hermes, and Dior Sauvage.

It's interesting, I have Pen's 1870 and get more of a pencil graphite note. But my nose is out of whack for certain scents I'm aware. I appreciate the tips. I'm making a list for the next time I'm out looking. You guys rock!

L'Occitane pH is a nice peppered lavender.

My current spicy fave is Comme des Garcons Blue Encens, but the price to longevity ratio is tough to swallow ( I got mine on used super-discount ).

I did some EO/FO sniffing recently, as much as I enjoy the CdG. Black Pepper EO and Cinnamon Leaf EO definitely made me want to dig deeper down those lines.

Top Bottom