What's new

Special first shave with restored Old Type

I can't say for sure if they are the original blades, but when I got the razor, the old blade bank contained 5 original wrapped blades, 3 were unopened, and they all dated to June 1926.

The razor would be between 1921 and 1928 based on the model and lack of serial number, and although improbable, it could be from 1926 assuming the blade bank wasn't refilled with random blades over the last 92 years :)

It's romantic to picture this razor in use during the roaring 20's. It came out if Saint Paul, Minnesota.

At the time, The Volstead Act was in full swing and the twin cities were a known hideout for the likes of Dillinger. Back then, some working man took out this razor and shaved before going to the local speakeasy, hoping his evening drink would not leave him blind.

Yeah, I know, I'm overthinking it.

This is the beauty of using a vintage razor. The history, wondering where it has been all those years. The stories these old razors could tell if they could talk! Some serious eye candy here. I have never had the guts to try a vintage blade, maybe one day.

Just got a Pocket Edition Old Type (Canada) in the mail today and I have no immediate plans other than to display the case and use the razor but I can see myself one day getting the case and the razor both replated...or maybe I'll keep the patina.

Either way that's a BEAUTY you have there!

Top Bottom