What's new

Soy un perdedor (Lover Of Single Edge Razors)

Finally got my Baby...she shaves like a mature grown up, thanks Ervargas, he gave it to me in behalf of all B&B members too.

Attachments

• $GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    $GetAttachment.aspx.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 55
yes, very heavy, no need to apply pressure......just let it glide and slice. SWEETNESS

I kind of cheated today. Fired up the flying wing and the British 1912 and mixed them up with the Streamline.

They are all fine razors but the streamline seemed more solid than the rest.

All subtleties mostly. I think the look of the Streamline is worth the price of admission.

Good evening everyone. i wanted to give the SEs one more chance after the unimpressed first experience with a Micromatic Bullet and an Ever Ready.
Therefore, i got these, today, along with a 1912 that is soaking and i will try them out this weekend. i will let you know what the results are for the second round. i wish everyone a great evening.

Attachments

• $gem1.JPG
    $gem1.JPG
    138.4 KB · Views: 55
  • $gem2.JPG
    $gem2.JPG
    148.4 KB · Views: 54
Very nice! I hope you have a favorable experience to share :)

Good evening everyone. i wanted to give the SEs one more chance after the unimpressed first experience with a Micromatic Bullet and an Ever Ready.
Therefore, i got these, today, along with a 1912 that is soaking and i will try them out this weekend. i will let you know what the results are for the second round. i wish everyone a great evening.

Very nice! I hope you have a favorable experience to share :)

i will let you know, April. It is not a major loss if i do not as i am getting great shaves with my other razors, but i am hoping to have a better experience with these SEs so i can pass them on to my son and give him more options so that he really appreciates shaving and how enjoyable it can be! i love your avatar picture, April.

The Damaskeene give me the best shaves when loaded with a carbon blade. On days that I do not use her, I yearn for her cold metal frame to caress my face. If I could marry her, I would :blushing:

I haven't been able to get a good shave with SE's either......stuck with OC's for life I guess......

The Damaskeene give me the best shaves when loaded with a carbon blade. On days that I do not use her, I yearn for her cold metal frame to caress my face. If I could marry her, I would :blushing:

Seriously? Dude....walk way from the razor....walk away from the razor........now put down that bowl..........the other bowl.........good......:lol:

Aww that is so thoughtful! I am sure your son will appreciate how much you have put into such an important part of mans daily routine. I was able to give all three of my sons their 1st real razors instead of the disposable ones just recently and a link on how to shave thanks to some great advice of Mr Arley. They are a bit older , but it is never too late! They really appreciated that gift!

Thank you :) Mr Arley adjusted it for me since my photography abilities are not so great!

i will let you know, April. It is not a major loss if i do not as i am getting great shaves with my other razors, but i am hoping to have a better experience with these SEs so i can pass them on to my son and give him more options so that he really appreciates shaving and how enjoyable it can be! i love your avatar picture, April.

Aww that is so thoughtful! I am sure your son will appreciate how much you have put into such an important part of mans daily routine. I was able to give all three of my sons their 1st real razors instead of the disposable ones just recently and a link on how to shave thanks to some great advice of Mr Arley. They are a bit older , but it is never too late! They really appreciated that gift!

Thanks, April!

Don't be too discouraged by initial results...everything is different!
But please, watch out for that Damaskeene at this point. It's the hardest to use well IMHO.

Try the 1912. Or the Micromatic (I get excellent shaves with any of them, especially the bullet tip). But also, if you feel inclined, try shaving once with the blade at a very low angle, which you can do well with any of these. If it doesn't seem to be cutting, keep the angle low and apply a tiny bit more pressure. In any case, hope you get better results.

So, what's the problem? Cuts, or razor burn, or not mowing down stubble? I'm lazy and didn't look back to see.

Top Bottom