Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1
Razor: C.V. Heljestrand MK32
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Cella
After shave: Str8fencer's Florida Water
Results: Late shave, and even later posting today :001_smile Nonetheless a splendid DFS+ shave, Cella + Heljestrand equals almost guaranteed success, and the Florida Water leaves a nice and fresh reminder of summer in the snowy cold. (And of course a shot of good old Jack helps too :biggrin1:)

proxy.php

Great pic, Rune!:thumbup1: And you may have finished that bottle after battling with my Razor!!!!:lol::lol:

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: ZENITH
SOAP/CREAM: De Vergulde Hand Scheerzeep (Soap)
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Lacquered bamboo bowl from Burma
RAZOR: 6/8" Mastro Livi, Half hollow ground, Round Point (w/ Boxwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG / XTG
AS: De Vergulde Hand After Shave Balsem
RESULT: Excellent, BBS shave

proxy.php

Have a nice week,
Béla​

Amazing colours, Bela!:thumbup1:

Sunday

Music
Ottis Redding - Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
The Platters - Smoke Gets In Your Eyes
Roy Orbinson - Oh, Pretty Woman
Chuck Berry - Johnny B. Goode

Hardware
Japanese Rice Bowl
Semogue 1250
Semogue 1305
6/8" Champion & Co.

Software
Culmak Shaving Soap
Floïd The Genuine After Shave

Ports of the day
Nieport Reserve Ruby
Calem Colheita, 1990

To succeed, you must have a plan, and preferably a good one - I think I have :biggrin1:
I have decided to just relax, having a little fun and spoil myself silly today.
So I have "geared up" in my old school outfit: Shirt, bow tie, light grey cardigan and tartan slippers :wink:
A batch of shortbread for the afternoon tea sounds like a good idea
proxy.php

Have a nice and relaxing Sunday, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

And the men in white coats will come knocking very shortly, Soren!!!!:lol::lol::lol: Great plan, my friend:thumbup1::001_smile

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
SHAVING WITH A FAMOUS RAZOR

Brush: 25mm Morris & Forndran, 2-band Blonde Badger (w/ Genuine Bone handle)
Maxterpiece: 6/8" Wade & Butcher "Adamantine Edge", Wedge, Barber's Notch (w/ Grey Translucent scales + Faux ivory wedge)
Honing (Refresh): 9 light laps on CrOx treated leather
Strop: 5/55/60 laps (Torolf Linen / SRD Premium IV English Bridle leather / Ambrose Horsehide Clàsico leather)
Soapreme: Art of Shaving "Lavender" Shave Creme + SRD "Lavender" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Toner: Thayer's Witch Hazel (Lavender, no alcohol)
Moisturizer: Trumper's Fragrance-Free Moisturizer
After Shave Splash: Floïd Italian Blue AS
After Shave Balm: Al's "Lavender" ASB (light version)
Cologne: Acca Kappa "Blue Lavender" EdT
Results: Today's shave was with a Maxterpiece W&B, recently featured in the February issue of VRATED magazine (VRATED.COM) :thumbsup:. Congratulations Max and I must say that it is an honor to own such a "Famous" piece of art
proxy.php
. The shave was absolutely divine, especially when combined with mounds of the super delicious Lavender-scented überlather
proxy.php
. Despite her heavy wedginess, this razor provided a super close and comfortable shave that rivals her hollower cousins. I am ready for a beautiful, family filled Sunday and some projects in preparation for a super busy work week.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a MAGNIFICENT week gentlemen
proxy.php

Robert, how long! I was going to send you an e-mail today, my friend. VERY HAPPY TO SEE YOU AGAIN! And (as usual) stunning shot and AMAZING razor!

Maxterpiece: 6/8" Wade & Butcher "Adamantine Edge", Wedge, Barber's Notch (w/ Grey Translucent scales + Faux ivory wedge)
Strop: 5/55/60 laps (Torolf Linen / SRD Premium IV English Bridle leather / Ambrose Horsehide Clàsico leather)
Soapreme: Art of Shaving "Lavender" Shave Creme + SRD "Lavender" Shave Soap + Glycerin
Results: Today's shave was with a Maxterpiece W&B, recently featured in the February issue of VRATED magazine (VRATED.COM) :thumbsup:. Congratulations Max and I must say that it is an honor to own such a "Famous" piece of art
proxy.php
. The shave was absolutely divine, especially when combined with mounds of the super delicious Lavender-scented überlather
proxy.php
. Despite her heavy wedginess, this razor provided a super close and comfortable shave that rivals her hollower cousins. I am ready for a beautiful, family filled Sunday and some projects in preparation for a super busy work week.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Great way to start the day, my friend!:thumbup1: Missing you around these parts of late.:001_huh:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Results: Late shave, and even later posting today :001_smile Nonetheless a splendid DFS+ shave, Cella + Heljestrand equals almost guaranteed success, and the Florida Water leaves a nice and fresh reminder of summer in the snowy cold. (And of course a shot of good old Jack helps too :biggrin1:)

proxy.php

I want to try Jack Daniel's as an aftershave one day... :lol: Just kidding (noobs do NOT do that!). Superb shot, Rune! :thumbup:

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

MAGNIFICENT RAZOR and SOTD, Robert! :w00t::drool::thumbup::001_tt1::a47:

proxy.php

Classy shot and shave, Rune!

Pre-Shave: Hot towels
Razor: Flaschner 7/8
Honing Regimen: Chosera 1K - Naniwa SS 3/8/12K - Vintage Thuri
Strop: 100/100 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Tabac
After shave: Tabac
Results: Spent a few hours honing today, and test shaving this Flaschner I honed for David (Optometrist), got a pretty nice edge on her, giving a nice and close shave but I''m not sure the Thuri is the right finisher for this razor, I think I will try another one and see if it can tweak it a little bit more.

proxy.php

:thumbup1:

My Flaschner have taken a 30k Shapton edge very well, maybe we should give it a little Shapton love! I see a honing session coming up soon. :smile:

:thumbup1:

My Flaschner have taken a 30k Shapton edge very well, maybe we should give it a little Shapton love! I see a honing session coming up soon. :smile:

My Flaschner is receiving so much attention after I failed miserably with it, I'm really appreciative of all this, guys. If Rune wishes to pass it to you, Amund, then be my guest.:001_smile

Pre-Shave: Hot towels
Razor: Flaschner 7/8
Honing Regimen: Chosera 1K - Naniwa SS 3/8/12K - Vintage Thuri
Strop: 100/100 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Tabac
After shave: Tabac
Results: Spent a few hours honing today, and test shaving this Flaschner I honed for David (Optometrist), got a pretty nice edge on her, giving a nice and close shave but I''m not sure the Thuri is the right finisher for this razor, I think I will try another one and see if it can tweak it a little bit more.

proxy.php

Thanks, Rune, you really are a star!:thumbup1:

My Flaschner is receiving so much attention after I failed miserably with it, I'm really appreciative of all this, guys. If Rune wishes to pass it to you, Amund, then be my guest.:001_smile

Hehe. Rune actually lives exactly 350 meters from me, so I can just put some Shaptons in a bag and walk down to him for him to use them. They are quite effective on problem razors. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom