What's new

SOTD - “New Gear" Theme Week (Including St. Sue Auction Items) - October 31st, 2022 to November 6th, 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking at that brush. Is the knot as huge as the Moka Express? I really only need one huge badger in my life.
Hey, thanks for asking. The mountain lake is 24mm while the moka is 26mm...so the moka is larger. I have both.
The mountain lake handle is more comfy and ergonomic in hand while the moka is definitely larger on the face.
Another large 2 band Badger is the Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice...the handle is very comfy too...
Hope this helps...

Hey, thanks for asking. The mountain lake is 24mm while the moka is 26mm...so the moka is larger. I have both.
The mountain lake handle is more comfy and ergonomic in hand while the moka is definitely larger on the face.
Another large 2 band Badger is the Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice...the handle is very comfy too...
Hope this helps...
That does help. Thank you! :thumbup1:

Razor: ASR Corp - Star.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword - London Bridge(2).
Brush: Rich Man Shaving - Orange Wonder - 26mm Black Synthetic.
Shaving Soap: Master Soap Creations - Orange & Cedar Wood.
After Shave Splash: Master Splash Creations - Orange & Cedar Wood.
After Shave Lotion: Nivea - Anti-Irritation After Shave Lotion .
Shaving Bowl: Captain's Choice - Obsidian - Copper.

Stor IMG_1896.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
72D46D96-9104-4F8F-AEB0-4B79AA539F07.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) Germany: Shaving Cream Nivea Men Sensitive Shaving Cream.
3) England: Razor Gillette Flat Bottom Tech.
4) Germany: Razor Blade Timor.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion.
7) Germany: Aftershave Splash Nivea Men Deep Aftershave Splash.
8) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

SOTD: 5th November 2022.

5.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Lynx Africa Squeezed Mandarin & Sandalwood Body Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: AP Shave Co 24mm Cashmere Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Pearlman shaver's Spirit Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker Variant. (Settings) 2.5-wtg,2.5-xtg,3-atg+pick-ups. (Face) Treet 7 Days Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Supply V2. (Head/Dome) - Personna Injector PTFE. (D5.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB. /Milton Lloyd Essentials No1 EdP.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave.)

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend.... A second week DE focus with the T7DP which matched up with the efficient parker Variant wonderfully.

It's been a while since i used the Pearlman Shaver's spirit soap is good shaving soap... It's very slick, protective with a fresh mild masculine fragrance which lingers throughout the shave and beyond creating a wonderful lather in a short space of time leaving a good post shave feel too.

A very close comfortable face & head shave with errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Milton Lloyd Essentials No 1 EdP to the pulse points.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine. 😉

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen. 😎

Sat 5
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Haverford
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor RazoRock GC.84-P
Blade Bolzano Superinox 4th
I love this soap! The aromatic scent is strong & outstanding while the lather is super creamy & slick! The matching aftershave allows me to enjoy it for longer...
This blade...in the razor, wow! Seems to get better with age. On par or a minute edge compared with yesterday's Eddison. 3 silky smooth passes for a bbs finish!!
20221105_140133.jpg

Sunday, Novembre 5, 2022.

Floïd pre shave oil. Daisho, Tuscan citrus: Shaving soap & lotion aftershave. El Druida, two bads barger, blue resin. Jose Monserrat Pou: Filarmónica 14 Doble Temple, custom scales patriot kirinite. Rasasi, La Yuqawam Homme, EdT.

67A9C828-2CA6-4F81-96A5-75923AEE31D0.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Saturday, November 5th 2022

Razor : Yaqi knights Helmet with a modified Micromatic handle, Mfg 2019> aggressive range, this razor is for those fellows who like blade feel or a challenge & it will not disappoint them. I like to use a steep approach(riding the bar) & defiantly a short handle to work the lower neck near collar bone area. It will give a close shave with a light touch and it takes a mature technique to enjoy a irritation free & weeper free shave IMO.
This must be Yaqi's most aggressive razor they offer even slightly more aggressive then the Yaqi slant razor IMO. I had a nice challenging error free & enjoyable shave this morning with stellar results.
Blade : Personna red (1) sharp & smooth with great longevity. Top 5 tier blade for myself.
Soap : Razorock Lavender :001_wub: this soap has been discontinued and it is one of my best soaps for lavender scent and full protection and they had a hard time selling it does not make sense but that is the nature of soaps to us for appeal. Italian barber(Razorock) should bring it back in a limited edition if possible so we can least load up. I'm on my 3rd tub and loving it, It is one of those soaps that does not grab you at first but over a few shaves it will astonish a person in masculine fragrance of lavender and lather qualities is outstanding.
Brush : Yaqi "purple haze" 24mm mew knot synthetic, excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, nice splay scrubber + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave : (Dedicated Cashmere synthetic)Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser with a dollop of clear Aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave : Ach Brito Lavanda with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion(scentless).
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers=:a17: Excellent shave with my Yaqi knights helmet + drama free with a Personna red.
SOTD November 5 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

20221104_092948.jpg

Razor: Gillette 1909 ABC Pocket Edition #500, Silver plain case
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Brush: Simpson Butterscotch Chubby 2 Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Noble Otter Lone Star
Aftershave: Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented

Razor: Shield Double Edge
Brush: DG B14 Unicorn Ivory
Soap: A&E American Pie (New)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Aftershave: Crowne & Crane Cherry Ho

Came across this awesome scent for sale on the BST and I had to give it a go as soon as it came in. I’m a big fan of gourmand scents and apple pie has to be up there at the top of my favorites, but I’ve never seen it in a shaving soap before. This one definitely delivered, a great apple pie scent with crisp apple, cinnamon, brown sugar, and somehow a buttery and toasty crust. A very nice addition for the upcoming weather. Hope everyone else is having some awesome shaves along with an awesome weekend!

2CA8E814-D6A0-43FA-9517-3FFB81F101DD.jpeg

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
No Open Comb November SOTD

Razor:
Feather AS-D2
Blade: Kai (1)
Brush: Mistura
Soap: Shave Chaser CK-6
ASL: Shave Chaser
20221105_104327.jpg

11:00am shave.

I put a Kai blade in my AS-D2 and started my shave at the base of my neck for what I call a full ATG first pass.
Fully expecting some blade feel, or at least a little more feedback than from the Feather blade and on three days of stubble.

Nothing.

I was as if I forgot to put the blade in smooth but the stubble was indeed reduced. Both sides and the center of my neck the razor was almost silent, and I was listening to David Bowie, so it was pretty mellow.
Normally I shave with the same side of the razor on the first pass and the other side for the second pass, but I flipped sides for my face shave to see if there was a difference and it felt the same.

For the second pass the Mistura was really delivering the lather in just the right amount of sloppiness with copious dipping of the tips in my water mug.
With a nice runny wet lather the WTG/XTG second pass actually had some blade feel, but when I say some I really mean almost nothing.

I'm like isn't the Kai blade supposed to up the anti and blade feel???

I needed a third ATG and Freestyle pass to confirm that I can put this razor combination anywhere I want, use as much or as little pressure as I want and it will NOT irritate my skin. I can toss this AS-D2 around like the Filament my daughter stole from me. (Actually, I gave it to her but stealing it sounds more dramatic).

Bam, I got a really nice shave, a shave I want to repeat. Not the closest shave I have ever had, but one of the most comfortable...

Kai Blades Rock!!!

~doug~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom