What's new

SOTD Monday May 1 - Sunday May 6

Played racquetball AGAIN this morning. I won three of four matches.

Shave:
Savile Row - SR 120 Badger Brush
Taylors of Old Bond - Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Schick Injector with Schick blade

Scent:
NEW Truefitt and Hill 1805 Cologne

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Gillette Superspeed
Euro Gillette
Trumper's Rose SC
EJ for C&E Best Badger
Thayer's Witchazel
C&E Nomad ASB
Tommy Bahama Very Cool EDT

Shower: C&E Nomad body wash, Nancy Boy shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Merkur Progress with Exchange Select blade
Arran Aromatics Vetiver cream
Shavemac "Scotto Special" brush
QED DVH20
Musgo Real aftershave (not CADE in pic)

full

crackstar said:
Rich, this is a silly question I know, but how does one stretch the skin on the face or neck without it hurting? I can't do it at all, because if I try, the pain I experience makes me feel like I'm going to tear the tissues in my face. It's so unbearable, I can't begin to explain.
Jeff, I don't personally do much skin stretching beyond just contorting my face by itself, though many, many shavers here will differ greatly and advocate some pretty strong pulling-taut. I might open my mouth wide, or purse my lips, or move my jaw around so that skin doesn't actually hang slack, but I don't actually actively stretch.

-Rich

Merkur Slant Bar/Feather blade (day 3)
Vulfix #2234
Proraso Crema Pre Barba
Proraso Sapone Da Barba
Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba
Styptic Pencil
Salty Language

A real bloodbath this morning--topped a mole, scored a dozen weepers, but thanks to the Proraso aftershave I stanched the flow and have healed up pretty quickly.

So far it's either close or bloody on the throat with this rig--must work on blade technique!

-Rich

Rich, that's just about all I could do also, open my mouth wide or purse my lips, but if I try to do any pulling on my cheeks, it's plain torture. I must be the only one I know who's got that problem. My friend asked me how I can shave with a straight razor without stretching.

Jeff

Edwin Jagger DE w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Simpsons Polo 10 Super
Coates Tea Tree Shave Cream
QEDman DaVinci Water
CAR Hydrolast Lime/Green Tea ASB

full

Castle Forbes Lavender
Shavemac Horn Handle XXL
TI Bison Horn
C&E Nomad A/S Balm
T&H Trafalgar

I've been traveling quite a bit this week, but have still managed a little variety.

Monday-Thursday
Razor - Gold Merkur Slant Bar
Blade - Derby Extra
Creams - T&H West Indian Limes; Taylor's Shave Shop & Avocado; Arko Commando
A/S - Hydrolast System; Thayer's Rose Petal Witch Hazel; Proraso post & balm; Pinaud Shave Talc
Cologne - Endymion by Penhaligon's, T&H West Indian Limes, Dominica Bay Rum Lime, Crusellas Tobacco

Merkur Slant Bar with Derby Extra blade
Savile Row SR-212
Crabtree & Evelyn Sweet Almond Oil shave cream
QED DaVinci Water
Nivea Unscented ASB

Merkur Slant Bar with Derby Extra
Simpson's Persian Jar #2 Silver Tip

St. Charles Shave Almond Shaving Soap
Proraso After Shave Splash
Proraso After Shave Balm

M7 EdT by Yves Saint Laurent

Futur & Israeli Personna
Will G #7 shea
pure badger brush
Nivea Sensitive A/S

Tomorrow is a big shave day....new cream coming up in the rotation. Think I'm going to give the Floris Santal sample that Drew sent me ages ago a run! Looking forward to it.

Omega brush
Dovo straight razor
Gold-Dachs Spezial shaving soap
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Yohji Yamamoto Pour Homme edt

a great shave today! Nice and smooooooth!

Jeff

Gillette Fatboy/Feather (second use) Pass 1-2
GFT Violet
Mr Clean Cut famous shaving oil.
Adjustable Gillette/Swedish Gillette. Pass 3 against the grain
Old Spice A/s (first time use ever )
Aloe 80
C&E Azzemour EDT very sweet very Flowery but not too much unisex cologne
is not produced anymore.
Williams DEO

I had to stop a bit after pass two I forgot im dealing with Feathers so I saw 4-5 nicks popping up so I switched to a different razor and blade.

Old Spice is SWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet no burn whatsoever even though it contains alcohol its so little nothing ! sweet scent.. recommend it ! :lol:

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
The home stretch- rose vs. rose

SR208
Merkur 34C w/Feather
Coate's rose
Thayer's rose petal witch hazel
Musgo Real a/s balsam (why nobody seems to talk about this one is a mystery to me)
Trumper coral skin food

The mighty "T's" may be in deep doo-doo, as the Coates has just delivered a top notch shave. The rose scent may be a bit muted compared to its more flamboyant breathren, but the scent is proper, pure, and backed by a thick, unctuous lather that delivers a knockout shave. It's up to T&H to maintain the honor of the T's. Of course, there are those who maintain that if the 3T's are the DiMaggio's of the shave world, then T&H is Dominic.

Joel- how did you find your Taylor vs. CF lavender?

Merkur Slant Bar/Merkur blade (day 1)
Vulfix #2234
Taylor's Rose Shaving Cream
Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba
Em's Place Lavender Hydrosol

Irritated beyond belief today, though little actual blood. The Merkur was both more forgiving and more irritating, if that makes sense: the less-fiendishly-sharp edge was both less likely to cut too much, and less likely to cut enough (as opposed to just dragging).

Proraso Crema Liquida to the rescue, again! This stuff is unbelievable in its ability to soothe my face.

-Rich

Gillette Superspeed with Euro Gillette blade
EJ for C&E Best Badger
L'Occitane CADE Shave Soap
MS Post Shave Repair
Thayer's Superhazel
CADE ASB
Ralph Lauren Romance EDT

This morning delivered what turned out to be the best shave yet of my short wet shaving career. I will give much credit to the improvement of my lather--found that I've needed to increase the amount of h2o in the mix. I also feel that the technique is coming along as well, not to mention the fact that the superspeed gives me a better shave than the hd...something about the way the razor's head rests on the face. Regardless, next week I will return to the hd and test it against my improved lathering skills.

Shower: Nancy Boy Bath Bar, shampoo, and conditioner. Provence Sante' Verlaine facial scrub

Shave:
Merkur Progress with Exchange Select blade
SR3124 brush
Kent soap
QED DVH20
D.R. Harris Aftershaving Milk

T&H Trafalgar cologne

full

Great Friday shave.

Merkur Futur + Israeli Personna
SMFII