What's new

SOTD Monday May 1 - Sunday May 6

KUJO said:
Randy,

any words on the Mama Bear cream/soap? I saw mention of it on our board not too long ago and checked out their web-site. It's like my first trip to Baskin-Robbins, I wanted way more than I could reasonably consume (not like that's ever stopped me from buying way more than I need before)

Right now I have Mama Bear's Mayan Gold soap. Not a fan of the scent, but it works up a great lather and gives a good shave. I've used it twice now, both times with straights. The protection is good. Tonight I ordered a few things from her site, including Vetiver, Patchouli, Chocolate and Dragon's Blood. Other than the Chocolate, the other three are patchouli type fragrances. She's leaving on a trip, so I dont expect to have these for a couple of weeks.

Randy

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Lavender time

Vulfix 2235
'59 Gillette 1-9 FB w/Feather
Taylor lavender
Thayer's lavender (what else?) witch hazel
Proraso dopobarba splash
Proraso pre/dopo

This is the new formulation of the Taylor lavender cream, which strikes me as having a more natural scent than its predecessor. It whips up into the typical thick Taylor lather, and shaves like a dream. I find it every bit as good as the much heralded Trumper violet, with the added benefit of not staining everything it touches. This cream doesn't knock my socks off, but it does very little wrong, and is a nice addition to the rotation. It's not the first cream I think of, but I am pleased almost every time I revisit it.

Edwin Jagger DE w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Simpsons Polo 10 Super
D.R. Harris Arlington Shave Soap
QEDman DaVinci Water
CAR Hydrolast Lime/Green Tea Aftershave Balm

full

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:
Merkur Futur with Wlikinson Sword blade
Taylor's S2235 Brush
Proraso Sapone da Barba
Alum block
Trumper's Coral skin food

Opus 1870 EDT

My Tuesday shave:

-Gillette Adj.FB w. Merkur blade
-Muehle badger brush
-Col.Conk.Lime Glycerine shave soap (except ARKO, this is the only soap which my skin tolerates...)
-Eucerin cream as moisturizer
-ADIDAS Sport Field AS

Thomas

Kent badger
Merkur Vision
Arko "Sensitive" shaving cream*
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
4711 Sir aftershave*

*a gift from a dear friend, and what a nice scent! :smile:

Jeff

Played racquetball this morning. I won two of four matches.

Shave:
Savile Row - SR 120 Badger Brush
Taylors of Old Bond - Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Schick Injector with Schick blade

Scent:
Trumpers Eucris EDT

full

Shower: Molton Brown Re-charge Black Pepper bodywash, Nancy Boy shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Merkur Progress with Exchange Select blade
Kent BK2
Tabac soap
Em's "balancing" AS splash
L'Occitane CADE ASB

Tabac EdT
full

Shower RealShaving Company hair and body pre wash

Gillettte Fatboy/Feather (fresh Blade)
GFT Sandalwood cream
Jo Joba Oil (thx Obsessis)
Quorum A/S

No fuss to the point 3 pass shave. No Nicks nothing.. impressive Feather sharpness... getting the Hang of the wet shave technique....

full

Taylor Lavender
Merkur Slant Bar
Edwin Jagger Horn Handled Silvertip
Musgo Real A/S Balsam
Floris JF

Edwin Jagger DE w/ Feather Platinum Blade
Simpsons Chubby 1 Super
Truefitt & Hill Shave Soap
QEDman DaVinci Water
CAR Hydrolast Lime/Green Tea ASB

Merkur Slant Bar/Feather blade (day 2) :w00t:
Vulfix #2234
Proraso Sapone Da Barba
Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

Day 2 of the Slant Bar journey... Good shave, a few weepers and a smidgen irritated, but all in all less so than yesterday's inaugural attempt.

Decent shave. Still figuring out the best technique for Slanting my throat.

-Rich

Rich, this is a silly question I know, but how does one stretch the skin on the face or neck without it hurting? I can't do it at all, because if I try, the pain I experience makes me feel like I'm going to tear the tissues in my face. It's so unbearable, I can't begin to explain.

Merkur Vision with Derby Extra
Shavemac XXL Faux Horn Silver Tip

Salter's Citrus Shaving Cream
CAR Peppermint A/S "conditioner"
Geo F Trumper West Indian Limes After Shave Splash

Taylor #74 Victorian Lime EdT

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Vulfix 2235
'59 Gillette 1-9 FB w/Feather
Castle Forbes lavender
Thayer's lavender (what else?) witch hazel
Proraso dopobarba splash
Proraso pre/dopo

I'm glad that CF only makes two creams. If they had a full portfolio, I'd be tempted to use them exclusively, which goes against my "gottayusemall" nature. Some creams have bouquets worthy of a DRC burgundy, but are rather pedestrian in terms of efficacy. Others work like a charm, but have fair to middlin' scents. Castle Forbes creams excel in both departments, and their lavender may be the best of them all.

C = 1
T = 1

full

Merkur HD Classic, Floris Super Badger Brush, The Gentlemen's Quarter Desert Ironwood Shaving Cream #4-C, Clinique Moisturizer, BB 1818.

Randy

Merkur Slant Bar with Wilkinson blade.
Kent BK8 Brush
Trumper Violets
Alum Block
Trumper Rose Skin Food
Eucris Cologne

What a brush the Kent BK8 is! I have been using a Taylor’s S2235 (which turns out to be a Vulfix) brush up til now and been very happy with it, well until the BK8 arrived. I gave it a thourough wash with Palmolive Shave cream an left it to dry overnight. This morning I was astounded with the size of the bloom of this brush. I used the same amount of Trumper’s Voilets cream as I would on the Taylor’s brush and set to work. I have never seen so much thick lather. It seems like the brushes work kinda like the DE razor, a DE handle costs a bit more but the cheapness of the blades makes it worthwhile, if this brush produces this amount of lather then my running costs are going to be reduced significantly as I only need to use half the soap!

Shower Lóccitane lemon cream shampoo

Gillette SuperSpeed/Derby Extra fresh blade.
Nancy Boy
Rosehip Oil
Coriolan A/S (Castor Oil cytric acid ) by Guerlain Paris.
Quorum EDT

Savile Row brush
Sensor razor (it's been 3 years since I used it)
Olivia Bay Rum shaving cream
Lubriderm unscented moisturizer
Pinaud Bay Rum aftershave

I had to do an extra pass to get the shave I wanted, because I'm really not used to cartridge razors any more.

Jeff

Top Bottom