Soap: B&M Le Grand Chypre
A/S: Lucky Tiger

Date:- 29 September 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike’s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Silver Blue #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Slantember, Tue, Sept 29th 2020

Razor: Razorock Wunderbar slant-MFG 2017> Excellent slant razor with a light touch gives great results.
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (1):001_wub: - Excellent top tier blade I have used for DE razors, Sharp & smoothhhhh.
Soap: Gillette True cream- Very nice mild scent with good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers 26mm syn, excellent brush to create lather with cloud like soft tips.
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. ATG + WTG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Blue barber with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my RR Wunderbar slant razor.

Slantemper 29th, Wed, 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Tuesday, 9/29:

20200929_090743.jpg

Razor - Razorock Mamba 70
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - WCS Infinity 26mm 'Abyss' synth
Soap - Zingari Man The Navigator
A/S - Zingari Man The Navigator

Man, this razor is so comfortable. Such a gentle shave, but excellent efficiency; really, really good. It took a ton of stubble down after the first pass; I was very impressed. The Zingari Sego base is phenomenal. What a lather. Great primary and residual slickness as well as protection. Dials in really easily too. The scent could be stronger, but it's really good. The whole shave was a joy start to finish, and my face feels excellent and super smooth. 👌

2408DDB5-FFBD-4B84-8673-05FFCD8C90D4.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, September 29, 2002

Talk about serendipity! I stopped at an antique furniture dealer to pick up a bench SWMBO purchased. When I entered I saw a bunch of old barbering supplies and tools on the cashier’s table. Chatted up the owner and discovered my old barber had passed and this guy had bought his old shop chair. In the pocket were two razors. One was an old Pearl Duck with a cracked blade and the other was a Frederick Reynolds with what looked like a black blade. I mentioned that my son was a bladesmith and could use the black blade.

I gave the guy $10 for it. Got it home, cleaned up the blade with some ultra fine steel wool. Discovered that the black material on the blade was old dried oil. Did some research and discovered it was a Victorian era razor from the stamp ‘R’ overlaying a ‘V’ standing for Regina Victoria. So I know it was made between 1837 and 1901. Further research revealed it had bovine horn scales, a little worse for the wear, but still usable. The blade edge was chipped along its entire length. Worked off the chips on a coarse DMT plate. The blade was crazy wavy! Spent close to 3 1/2 hrs setting the bevel and finishing the edge, and decided to shave with it next day morning.

Spoke to Glen Mercurio who is restoring another vintage straight for me, and mentioned this razor. When he heard I’d restored the edge withouttaping the spine he was horrified, telling me how I probably devalued the razor by doing so. Oh well, I don’t really give a hoot! I’ll let my sonworry about my straight razors after I’m pushing up daisies. All I know is that I had probably one of the best straight razor shaves ever. The bladewas lighter than I’m used to, but the Barber’snotch made two handed use on my neck very easy! Great mug shave followed by an excellentdome shave.

RAZOR: Frederick Reynolds Sheffield (Mug),Colonial General V2 w/ Silversmith Handle (Dome)
BLADE: Feather Super AC
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
CREAM: Lush Prince
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with GlyceGlycerin Soap followed by Pre de Provence Balm.

Razor: Schick B2 Magazine Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Virgin Islands Bay Rum
Additional Care:
Omega Alum Stick
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

PSX_20200928_081914.jpg

Status