SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 5th - October 11th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2379.jpeg

Ralf Aust / CG L2 + Astra (1) do-over / Elite HMW / TABAC x2

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
OCtober, Fri 9th,2020

Razor: Gillette old type with tech fat handle-MFG 1920's,upper mid range, this razor was very much enjoyed by previous owner-s? it has a very brassed top cap , it came from a person with minimum means is what I thought when I observed the handle how he jammed paper in around threaded insert and barrel area of handle . He must of had a very good hand technique to shave with a wobbly cracked round ball type handle. He had to squeeze handle and stroke at the same time to make it work.
Blade: Gillette silver blue:001_wub: (3) excellent blade, Sharp & smooth.
Soap: Taylor of old Bond street Sandal wood(tobs)- very enjoyable scent with good lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi dice, Tuxedo knot 26 mm syn- Excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips, newly purchased.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red Sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my well used Gillette Old type.(Can understand why previous owner liked this razor so much!)

OCtober 9th,Fri 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

10/8/2020 SOTD
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: WCS OC
Blade: Gillette Platinum
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: Timeless Black
Soap: Stirling Executive Man sample (11)
A/S: Stirling Executive Man

This is the first time I’ve used this razor in years, Yikes! 😬😬 it tore me up! Walked away bloody and sore. Needless to say I have no intention of using that head ever again. And given it was only $5 I’m okay with that!View attachment 1166097

Yeah, honestly, I found the WCS OC to be garbage. It's very poorly aligned and way too aggressive.

Friday, 10/9:

20201009_104210.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Feather
Brush - Mojo Handcrafts 26mm Declaration B9A
Soap - WCS Glogg
A/S - Brickell unscented

It's Friday and time to get my Mojo on! I'm really enjoying this brush. Tips are quite soft with some scrub, very dense, splays huge, and holds plenty of water to make the lather warm, which felt great on this cold morning. The in-hand feel is excellent and it lathers like a champ. It's been nice to just use the Oleo base for the past few days and get more practice dialing it in. It really is a very thirsty soap, one of the thirstiest I can remember using. It will dry out, especially in these drier seasons, if you don't really load it up with water. But it's really good stuff when you properly hydrate it. I was left with another very close, smooth result from the Tatara. Great shave. 👌

7EC5882B-8CFC-423F-A7CD-E30691CE4682.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 9, 2020

Our weather here in SE Pa. has been glorious over the last week or so. I've been having such great shaves lately with a few of my cast steel Sheffield English and German straight razors that I have been neglecting my two Japanese straights. For this morning’s shave I selected my Silver Steel Tanifuji Airi 11/16 and my Valet VC2. I love shaving with both razors. I touched up the Tanifuji on a pasted and then a leather strop, and stropped the Feather FAS-10 carbon steel blade in the VC2 50 strokes. The result was an amazingly smooth, velveteen shave of both mug and noggin. The straight razor shave was as whisker-meltingly glorious as the morning. The Valet Auto Strop VC2 dome shave only confirmed why I love these safety razors; it was just as close, clean and velveteen as its preceding mug shave. I do believe that the stropping capability of these razors with a carbon steel blade elevates their shaving capabilities. Have a great and enjoyable day, my shave brothers and sisters!

RAZOR: Tanifuji Airi 11/16 (Mug), Valet Auto Strop Model VC2 (Dome)
BLADE: Feather FAS-10
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Aluminum Tuxedo Synthetic
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Royall Lyme AS Splash.

Razor: Gillette The New Short Comb
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Whiskey Woods
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
PSX_20201008_082229.jpg

Friday, october 9, 2020.
Geo F Trumper's, Skin food, santal. The art of shaving, shaving cream, santal. Shavemac, silvertip 2 bands, red coral handle. Sonnal 175, carbon steel, 6/8, Japan. Fine, santal lotion aftershave. Edwin Jagger, santal balm aftershave. Taylor of Old Bond Street, santal, EdC.
proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom