What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" October 5th - October 11th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
20201010_060848_HDR.jpg

SOTD, Saturday, October 10, 2020

I have a technique problem using the Gem MMOC. Only 1 weeper, but lots of difficulty getting a close shave around my lower lip. The boar brush kept the lather thin on the face, which served me well with the MMOC. I finally had to settle for less than excellent before I started seeing red.

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb
Blade: GEM Single Edge
Brush: RazoRock Boar Brush
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
TN Dickinson's Witch Hazel Astringent
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Neutrogena Men Triple Protect Face Lotion
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Sat, Oct 10th,2020

Razor: Gem Junior 1912 parade-Mfg 1943,mid range. One of my favorites with the baton handle, easy to manipulate.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(8)- excellent blade, very sharp with excellent longevity.
Soap: TOBS sandal wood- nice scent with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow with brown whiskers 26 mm- Excellent brush to create lather with cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area after cleaned.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS+ no irritation + no weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Jr 1912 parade.

SE SOTD, Sat, Oct 10th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Saturday, 10/10:

20201010_104439.jpg

Razor - Tatara Masamune OC
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Mojo/Richman collab 26mm S2 Innovator
Soap - Sudsy Soapery Uplift
A/S - Hawaiian Shave Co Lemon Lavender

Today's shave was actually smoother than those with the Feather. Could've been that, could've been the different soap, but either way, it was a real pleasure. The uber lemon scent from the soap was great, and it whipped up a nice shiny lather in the bowl. Superb slickness and very good protection. The Tatara just glided through the shave. Loved it.

I haven't posted here in a long time. I've been dealing with my medical condition going haywire and it has been a lot on me emotionally. I've been having a hard time dealing with depression again. Been fighting with everything I have to not let the depression get where it was a very long time ago. But today has been ok. So I am posting while I can.

Puma 222 4/8" just got it honed today and it is an amazing razor. I have to say it gives my Japanese razors a run for their money. I got an unbelievable deal on it and it's now on my list of top razors i own.

Beau Brummel 2 1/2" strop. I have no idea what leather it is but it is as soft as my Kanayama Cordovan. The back is the coated linen and I'm starting to think the coating is something like a diamond paste.

Paladin 24mm 2band brush. I cannot remember knot code but it's a really nice brush. I am so glad I have it.

B&M Fougere Angelique soap and aftershave. I love the scent hate trying to spell this freaking name

View attachment 1164220View attachment 1164221View attachment 1164222
Hey friend!
Great SOTD, I hope you had a fantastic shave. I hope you sort out your problems, if you ever need someone to talk to shoot me a pm, I'd love to learn and talk to people about their experience in the hobby.

Cheers.
Rohan.

82750277-05C6-403C-B138-D635905AB3CF.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY, OCTOBER 10, 2020

Today’s shave was excellent. I broke out my first straight razor, the Dovo Special. This was the razor that caused me to shy away from straight razor shaving for five years. I’m glad I returned, and have really enjoyed my shaves since. The mug shave was smooth and velveteen, as was my dome shave with my Christopher Bradley razor from Karve Shaving. I didn’t get to post this because this morning I went on a long bike ride, and this afternoon played a round of pickle ball with my bride. In any case I feel cool, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Dovo Special 5/8 (Mug), Karve Razor w/ Wide-body Cap D-OC Plate (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star (1)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat w/ 6 drops of M-Bomb
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom