View attachment 1174003

26 October -

Prep: Hot shower; Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Pre-Shave: Lather & Wood Pre-Shave Oil - Sandalwood
Soap: Buff City Soap - Shave and a Haircut
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T3
Razor: Merkur 23C
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 1st use
After-Shave: Lather & Wood After-Shave Balm - Sandalwood; Three Cats and a Broom Big Bad Beard Oil

Tut, tut; it looks like rain...

The somber gray, and the sound of rain, against the windows suited my melancholy. Several days down the oubliette of chronic mental illness had left me in pronounced disrepair. With some judicious hoarding, I found the spoons to shower and shave. I was in no mood for conversation, so I passed on my usual podcast (The History of Philosophy), and put on The Nationals Sleep Well Beast.

It was my first go with the Simpson's brush, as well as the Nacet blade, so I stuck with the rest of my normal routine. The brush was a wonderful improvement over the little Satin Tip I've been using. It loaded and lathered beautifully, and held heat well. I've found this soap a little finicky, as I've been learning, but this brush seemed to have its own finesse.

I found the Nacet a little "toothy," much the same as my experience with Personnas. I definitely owe it another couple of shaves, especially when I'm in a better state, before I reach a final decision.

Overall, it was a pleasant shave. Both the process and the end helped. It didn't make everything right, but it made it a little less wrong.

Wishing you peace, man

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Razor - Fatip Grande
Blade - GSB
Soap - Pre de Provence #63
Brush - Simpson T3

20201026_192334_kindlephoto-9752626.jpg

Man, how are we going to be at November 1 at the end of this week’s SOTDs?!?!

Monday night shave

1B5C89F2-5437-4F8F-8281-CAB6126D5BEC.jpeg

Prep: Ivory in the shower
Soap: Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
Razor: Gillette N2 1968 Slim, setting 6 for the first pass and 2 for the second
Blade: Astra SP (#5 and binned)
Post: Alum followed by hyaluronic acid followed by DG Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli aftershave

A great shave tonight! Experimented with going up my neck (instead of down) for the XTG second pass and that seems to have worked well. Will continue working on that.

This brush is definitely on the floppy side, but is great for bowl lathering. It’s working better, too—I cleaned it just prior to the shave.

Off the puck, I really liked the smell of the Y/Z/P and it made for some excellent lather even though I had more water than was probably ideal. The aftershave was superb, but very strongly scented--much more so than the soap. I was the only fan of the scent—it received unanimous thumbs down ratings from the rest of the family.
:facep:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
79EEDC92-F3E8-4928-838C-A135A604D36F.jpeg

Monday the 26th of October’s Shave:
1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Germany: Soap Tabac.
3) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Poland: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
5C342FA3-3256-4092-B909-3BE9997ED034.jpeg

Tuesday 27th of October shave.
1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) Germany: Soap Tabac.
3) Poland: Razor Gillette Blue 3 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm The Stray Whisker After Balm.
6) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Lynx Dimension Aftershave Lotion.

Tue 27 OCtober#21 with New Soap
Soap Phoenix & Beau Spitfire
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Fatip OC Grande
Blade Bluebird Platinum 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Special Thayers Mix + Hyaluronic
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
New Soap...and wow! Unique leathery type of scent. Did not any smell tobacco. Love the leathery scent. Strength around 5/10. Performance was ok...perhaps my 1st time added abit too much water.
Shave with razor paired with blade was ok, acceptable smooth and comfort for 3passes. Between bbs to dfs result. Excellent post and aftershave. Notice some creepers later.
Really nice soap scent. Rating 9.5/10
20201027_112620.jpg

SOTD : 27th October 2020.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Original Source ~ Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Simple ~ Sensitive Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.

Brush : Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap : Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Bolzano Superinox Inossidable. (3)

Razor: Parker 94r.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

Early morning cold water shave,

It's been a while since i last added the Parker 94r to my razor rotation this hefty little Indian princess paired up with the Bolzano S.I. on it's third use was a wonderfully smooth efficient duo mowing through my stubble effortlessly with great audio feedback.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups BBS shave with no errors to report....Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
SOTD, October 27, 2020

Nice shave with the Eveready SE. Have a good day, Gentlemen!

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Ever-Ready Single Edge
Blade: GEM Single Edge
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Burgundy knot
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Tabac
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Diver Down Aftershave & Cologne
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

491B9872-AD68-407D-BB89-8837F4A76EC0.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 27, 2020

I was up early today. I selected my Dubl Duck Goldedge for today’s mug shave along with my SS DLC coated RazoRock Lupo for the dome, two razors that never disappoint. And they certainly didn’t this morning. The one lb. Rearden Razor 316L SS Tuxedo Synthetic brush gives heft in one’s hand new meaning. With the three lb ankle weight strapped to my left forearm, I got a decent workout during the lathering process. The brush generated that yogurty lather that leaves my face and dome feeling great post shave. Three passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) for the mug and two (ATG, ATG) for the dome left me feeling cool, velveteen smooth and refreshed!

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), SS DLC Coated RazoRock Lupo (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star (2)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom