What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 30th - April 5th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
wh  of 1).jpg

proxy.php

Still chilly today; supposed to be up to 70 tomorrow, figured I could get away with this today, not really a warmer weather scent for me. Ring of death on this soap, it's swirling the drain, have to get some more after summer is over.

Envy bulb super soft and thinner, digging less dense knots a lot lately. This aluminum handle is sick in that it stays warm during the shave.

proxy.php

SOTD 04/03/2020

Rating:
5 / 5

Razor:
TATARA Masamune peine cerrado #188

Blade:
FEATHER Hi-Stainless Double Edge

Brush: SEMOGUE Foroafeitado 2016 LE Butterscotch tejón blanco dos bandas 24x50mm

Pre-Shave:
Agua caliente

Lather: LA TOJA Stick fórmula antigua

Aftershave:
FIGARO Monsieur Bluice

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión​

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: ATT Aluminum Bamboo SE1
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (D6)
Brush: Montalvo 25mm Black Wolf
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave: GroomingDept Mandarin and Cardamom
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Earl Grey
Butter: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Nobel Otter The Noir Et Vanille

SOTD-R_2020-04-03.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac 22/47 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Vitos 'Red'
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super (3)
ASL: Proraso Red
Another great shave (Lo Storto #3). I still have a way to go 'cuz :bayrum2: . One thing I didn't mention before was that I love the handle with the twisted fluting, far superior to the standard Grande vertical fluting IMO.

04/04/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Expedition Soaps - Just face It! Tea Treee and Cedarwood
Crown King Planet 9 Shampoo/Conditioner Puck with Cider Vinegar, Yucca & Manuka
Barrister and Mann Nordost Seasonal Shaving Soap - Excelsior Formula
Yaqi Moka Express Shaving Brush 26mm Two Band Badger
Crown King Polypropylene Shatterproof Travel Scuttle - Frozen
Wolfman WR1-OC .74mm Gap Polished Stainless Steel Razor with Darwin Handle
Voskhod Teflon Coated Russian Blade - 4th Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula
Barrister and Mann Nordost Seasonal Aftershave Splash - Deltus Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Shea Butter Unrefined 100% Natural
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Formula​

B IMG_7012.jpg

"Fat Friday" and first time trying a Feather blade...damn good shave right there!

Being new, I am still over all over the place and have more soaps and creams than weeks wet-shaving; however, MWF, like my beloved Cella, has already earned one of the coveted spots on the bathroom counter. :)

Fat-Friday - Copy.jpg

Thanks very much, my friend. I can't remember: do they sell the head separately? Because if so, you could always get the head and be on the lookout for the handle. Are they just temporarily out, or do they actually not make it anymore? Because that would really be a shame, it's a great handle.
You're welcome! IB no longer has that BarberPole handle. Not sure if it's temporary. There was a GC0.84-P with BarberPole handle came up for sale in BST but I am far away in Malaysia and the shipping cost is really too much although I have bought 4 razors from the US with reasonable shipping cost. It all depends on the seller I guess..

Date:- 04 April 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Lime | Lavender | Cedarwood
Razor/Blade:- EJ 3one6 / Wizamet Super Iridium #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)

You're welcome! IB no longer has that BarberPole handle. Not sure if it's temporary. There was a GC0.84-P with BarberPole handle came up for sale in BST but I am far away in Malaysia and the shipping cost is really too much although I have bought 4 razors from the US with reasonable shipping cost. It all depends on the seller I guess..

Well good luck man, I hope you can snag one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom