Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Voskhod
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Tabac original
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
First use of the Voskhod blade in the Smart Helix. Nice smooth comfortable shave with no irritation.

IMG_6733.jpg

Balea Men synthetic brush
Balea Men shaving cream
Bluebeard's Revenge shavette
Voskhod blade snapped in half
Styptic pencil
Denim Gold
L'Oreal aftershave balm
IMG_20200405_115045.jpg

This was my first shave with a shavette. It felt more like a chore than a moment of relaxation. Even though I put the mildest blade in and was as careful as I could I still ended up with three cuts, all on the right side of my face (not surprising, given the fact that it's my first time but I was surprised that I cut myself with my dominant hand and on the left side there were no cuts or weepers to speak of). I think part of the problem is also the fact that perhaps in my cautiousness I put a blade that is too mild for this style, as I noticed that on two of the cuts I have the blade tended to grab the hair strands, instead of cutting them and in the process nicked the skin. The shavette pieces are also very tight and hard to open to insert or extract the blade.
Ended up with a socially acceptable shave. The cheeks and sideburns ended up as bbs but I'm not too thrilled about the overall outcome. Another member said a few days ago that straight razor shaving is like being with a beautiful woman : daring, dangerous and satisfying. For me? Daring-maybe, dangerous-somewhat, satisfying-not too much. Would I recommend straight razor shaving or shavette shaving to anyone? Not really. As a one time experience, maybe. As something that's relaxing and rewarding and being done on a regular basis-no. Not worth the effort, for me. For those who regularly shave with a straight razor and enjoy it, more power to you. Needless to say I won't be using this too often but it is there if I want it. Once in a blue moon, maybe.

Sun 5th SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli BlackBerry & Moss
Bowl Turkish Copper
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Gillette British RFB #88 1st use!
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 1st
Postshave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Cucumber Mix
Great lather from croap, bowl and brush. Nice scent, thick and slick.
Shave with razor and blade initially felt very nice and smooth but user poor techniques results in some weepers during atg. 3pass+buffing. WTG, XTG/ATG & ATG. Immediate ice water rinse followed by special Thayers mix.
DFS results with rating 8.5/10
20200405_140305.jpg

20200405_141807.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick morning shave. April 5th 2020- I have these wonderful Schick's and every Sunday I will choose one so that they get put into action like they were meant to(I have been doing this for about a year now). So I will use my Schick injectors 52 times a year & that is a excellent formula in my books!

Razor : Schick injector i2 with Hydro-magic- Mfg 1954-57- excellent daily driver!
Blade : Personna injector SS PTFE (2) -excellent blade with this razor.
Soap: Razorock Lavender. One of Razorocks better soaps for lather qualities and scents.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm with black marble handle- this is one of my favorites & its just very enjoyable to use!
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe Vera Gel on beard area only.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Great Sunday shave!

Sunday shave April 5th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Saturday, 4/4:

View attachment 1082641

Razor - Razorock Game Changer 0.84-P
Blade - Feather
Brush - Pennello Cavallo resin/horn 24mm HD silvertip
Soap - WCS Pear-Brrr Shoppe
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

Just another supreme shave from the GC on its final use this time up in the rotation. This week has been nothing but excellent shaves, and this has become something of a benchmark razor for me. I decided to see how a Feather would do for fun, and it was brilliantly sharp, but really, everything performed brilliantly in the GC all week. Crazy smooth results, fellas, this razor is aces.
Hi, can I ask if the razor feels unbalanced due to the handle being heavier at the bottom from the slightly larger diameter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom