What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 22nd - March 28th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
E3C2719B-0D24-4AFB-BC93-A07F993102D7.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) USA: Shaving Cream Gillette Pure Tube.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Lotion Nivea Men 2 Phase Aftershave Lotion.
6) USA: Cologne Vera Wang for men Cologne.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Thu 25th SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Badger
Razor Pearl OC on Yaqi Handle
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock Super Stainless 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Gents Gin
A very nice and mild scent from the soap. Performance was just acceptable.
Shave with long-ignored razor paired with the blade was very good (better than the FOC). Sharpish, smooth, comfortable, and quite efficient for a 3pass mostly bbs result. Excellent aftershave. Rating 9.7/10!
20210325_113502.jpg

SOTD : 25th March 2021.

68.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Omega 49.
Face Lather.
Lather : Arko Shave Stick.
Blade: Lord Platinum Class. (D4)
Razor: 1970's Gillette Aluminum Handle Tech S4. (ENG)

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree Essential Oils. +3 Menthol crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Aloe Vera Gel./ Gummy ~ Turkish Lavender Cologne.

Greetings,

Early morning shave,

Later this morning i have to go for my yearly works medical before i return to work on the 6th April.

Yesterday afternoon i had my first AstraZeneca Jab, which was the most painless injection i have had to date. Like most people on planet earth, i don't like needles or injections but this one didn't affect me at all...I had no threatening adverse effects after having the vaccine apart from feeling a little bit shivery and tired, but the today i feel fine apart from my arm feeling slightly stiff which i was told "is the norm", and will be ok after a few days...Back to the shave...Last outing of the Lord platinum blade has been consistent throughout the week...Another good blade from the Lord camp that i will add more frequently to my blade rotation.

The Gillette Tech is a remarkable in-expensive razor that i will always have in my shaving den.

Another enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable acceptable shave with no errors to report...A great shave to finish my shaving week of in style...Finishing the shave off with a generous splash of Gummy ~ Turkish Lavender Cologne.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

IMG_0349.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: G-FOCS
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super 7th use - retired
Brush: Semogue Mistura Finest Butterscotch
Soap: Colonel Conk Amber
Result: DFS+ one tiny papercut - don't know how I managed that...

Fine shave today, ATG I felt some light tugging so I binned the blade. For the rest of the month it will be a vintage Gillette Super Silver (1971) and then the April Frugal Follies Cheapskate Challenge (AFFCC) - 2021 by @BubblesUK will start.

Todays Cold Water Shave Kit - Thursday 25th March 2021

Shave Score 9.90/10.0

PreShave: Hot Shower
PreShave Cream: Proraso Refreshing PreShave Cream
Soap: Figaro GOLD edition
Brush: Yaqi 24mm - Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: RR Lupo
Blade: Gillette - Perma-Sharp (1)
Post Shave ASL: Figaro - BLUICE
Post Shave Balm: Barts - Ben Hope (Peppermint Essential Oil)
Post Shave Cologne: John Vavartos - Artisan Pure

First outing on the Figaro Gold, great lather even in cold/hard water, not much scent but masses of residual slickness, very quick to build.

Another surprising first for me, the Perma-Sharp blade has beaten all other blades so far I've used in the Lupo, better than the feather, GSB, Nacet & Astra, just wow! made my cold water shave an absolute delight :)

A BBS shave was had, very very near to a 10/10

Joe.

IMG_0748.jpeg

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Red Tip (0.66mm) E1 1959 US / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

20210325_105202-01.jpeg

SOTD (084/2021)
25-03-2021

>> The mysterious KAI blades <<

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 1800
Soap: Ariana & Evans ~ Pamplemousse
Razor: MingShi 2000S
Blade: KAI (8)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Razorock ~ Emperor

I really enjoyed today's shave. Nice, smooth and easy 3 pass shave, bbs- on the face and dfs on the neck.

Pamplemousse is somewhat under the radar in the A&E lineup, isn´t it?
I´d recommend this soap if you are into citrusy scents, in particular if you enjoy grapefruit-driven scents. It has a naturally fresh and very crisp scent, once lathered. Kaizen soap base. Overall, very nice.

KAI is reputated to show some extended blade feel, but with this razor it's absolutely not been the case today (just super smooth on setting 2). With eight shaves in the books the blade still is standing strong.

Have a nice day, gents!

Last edited:
SOTD, Thursday, March 25, 2021

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
Brush: Stirling 2-band Finest Badger
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Aftershave: Old Spice
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
THURSDAY
25 March, 2021

______

Gel: Elegance Plus "Jupiter"*
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Derby USTA
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Zizanie de Fragonard
*Felt pressed for time this morning
though I didn't have to get anywhere.
Slathered on the gel for a fast,
first-class shave. And why not?
I have two liters of the stuff.

Stay healthy, everyone!
Bill

FA489E8F-9BFD-48B7-8263-FC5C9F16E2E5.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, MARCH 25, 2021

Kind of a gloomy day here in the Philly suburbs, but the shave was definitely one to lift me out of the doldrums. The shave featured two fabulous shavers! The Witte Copperhead 6/8 holds a remarkable edge built solely on my jasper stone. It arrived over a year ago with a decent bevel, but needed a refresh. A series of successively more dilute slurries did the trick, finally ending on the UF side with water alone until the blade was sticking twice. I’ve never been able to duplicate that particular honing experience, and now use only the UF side of the jasper as just a finisher. The mug shave was the usual pleasant three pass affair that left me quite smooth.

The Fine Marvel safety razor is a remarkably efficient low cost safety razor that preceded their current World’s Finest SS safety razor, and is a superior performer in my opinion. At 25% of the cost of the SS safety offering, it’s a killer deal. As a pre-release reviewer of the stainless steel offering, I still find the Marvel razor’s shave to be superior to the latter. The head design consists of a rather healthy gap with a tightly arced neutral blade presentation. The shave feels quite mild, but at the same time is quite efficient. Two ATG passes easily put the baby to bed. I feel refreshed, clean, and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Witte Copperhead 6/8 (Mug), Fine Marvel Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Baron’s Choice
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Alt-Innsbruck AS Splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom