What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 22nd - March 28th, 2021

GEMonday, March29th, 2021

Razor: Gem Featherweight 1st Generation- Mfg 1950-52,2nd Gen 53-54(different top cap), excellent <mid range, carefree shave, nice feel when shaving.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Razorock Lavender, nice scent, excellent lather qualities, nice post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm, excellent lather creator, soft cloud like soft tips, great scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my 1st Gen Gem Featherweight + a coated Gem.

MMMonday, March 29th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Monday, March 30th
SOTD

IMG_20210330_180916__01.jpg

Pre: warm shower
Brush: RazoRock 400 Noir 24mm
Soap: RazoRock Blue Label
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable I1 (1963)
Blade: Derby Extra (3)
AS: Brut

It was my first time using the Blue Label. It has a pleasant aroma that is not over powering. The aroma does not linger. Sorry, I am terrible at describing smells. It needs lots of water to get a good lather. The Plissoft knot may not be the best for hard soaps, but it worked well. Overall, a pleasant shave.
7/10

Top Bottom