What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" March 16th - March 22nd, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, March 22
proxy.php

Hemingway Accoutrements (Using it up)~~Simpson T2~~1908 Gillette Single Ring~~Sharp Star

Have a great day!

Ha! I think Stirling Soaps represents the be

Ha! I think Stirling Soaps represent the best value in the Game, and damn near the best performance.

The seven soaps that I can always lather like the ones in the last two SOD photos are Sebum, Santa Maria Novella Crema De Barba, Mystic Water, Long Rifle Soap Co, Nuavia, Eufros, and Stirling. They also happen to be some of my favorites!

Vr

Matt

Yeah, Mystic Waters and Long Rifle produce excellent lathers. I have a real thing for Long Rifle; kind of an unsung hero and always fantastic results. Plus their scent lineup is EXACTLY what I look for.

Sunday, 3/22:

20200322_103555.jpg

Razor - Wet Shaving Club Artisan
Blade - Treet Platinum
Brush - WCS blue honeycomb 26mm tuxedo
Cream - TOBS St. James
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

Gave my neck a break after yesterday's really close results, so I broke out this guy. The razor gave me a really good shave, quite close, and actually got my upper lip closer than the Timeless did yesterday, although I worked at it more today. A nice thick lather from the TOBS; what a KILLER scent St. James is. Not too strong, cologne-y and manly enough but remains understated... might be right beneath Sandalwood for my favorite now. The brush was a real pleasure to use; it feels great on the face and is equally adept bowl or face lathering. A great no-fuss shave.

Is the brush aluminum, or just highly polished? The reflectivity is amazing.

The magenta/purple/black swirling base is polished acrylic. It's pearlescent, though, so that's part of the light play. The ferrule is high-polished solid brass.

Each element actually has a purpose influenced by a comic book story arc. Here's an album of pics (note the descriptions below each pic to explain why the colors/materials were used.)

Carbon Cx-316L / R2
Feather (4)
Semogue Owners Club TAJ Boar
Proraso White Pre-shave
Murphy & McNeil Nantahala
Thayers Rose WH
Proraso Eucalyptus Aftershave

020855DC-94A7-4B2C-A394-B34ED6FD9B21.jpeg

**My last shave was so good that I had to do it all over again, now with a Feather blade instead and the result was an even closer BBs,
Excellent Shave**

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Shave March 22, 2020

Razor : Schick adjustable injector M3- mfg 1970-72
Blade : Personna injector (8)
Soap: Proraso Red -Sandal wood version
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm marble handle.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave : Proraso red aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation+2 small blemish weepers = :a17: another great shave with a Schick!

Sunday shave March 22-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SUNDAY, 22 March 2020

Pre: Dove Beauty Bar
Lather: Arko
Brush: Stirling Kong
Razor: Mamba 70*
Blade: Astra green (6)
Splash: Homebrew (WH/4711/Glycerin/Jojoba)
Balm: CeraVe
Frag: Azzaro Chrome

*Getting tuned in nicely with this razor--even with two day's growth.
I guess my youth as a Gillette DE shaver wasn't all that misspent,

as I have no trouble locating the Mamba's sweet spot
(which some have reported as hard-to-find).

Stay healthy, everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom