20210618_155701-01.jpeg

SOTD #164/2021
18-06-2021

Preshave: shower, frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger butterscotch
Soap: Eleven ~ Orange
Razor: Mühle R41 GS
Blade: Gillette Platinum (4)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap ~ Orange Chill AS & witch hazel.

3 smooth passes, which led to a highly efficient shave (I opted for a almost neutral angle today instead of a steep angle). The R41 GS mowed down two days worth of growth with ease. No nicks or irritation, just a silky smooth skin, BBS galore.

Have some great shaves, y'all!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Two Kings
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #6
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

SOTD-L-Y_2021-06-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Croap: LEA Mentholated
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Personna Red (2)
ASL: Licorice and Mint SHOCKER (home brew)

A very cool shave. :001_cool:

After Rave @Raven Koenes's "Squadron Dutch Resistance" shaving soap rave... I thought I'd like to try it. But of course, by then, it was sold out everywhere (including the maker). I did a long search and finally settled on Saponificio Bignoli Liquorice & Mint. I kinda wondered why it was taking so long to get to me so I emailed the supplier only to find he was on holiday (till the 21st). There was a notice on his website but I hadn't "noticed" it. :001_rolle

Anyway, not wanting to miss out on the licorice-for-loonies scene, I ordered some licorice fragrance oil which arrived today. I immediately made my new "Licorice and Mint SHOCKER" splash. Post-shave it was a very pleasant SHOCK of instant burn followed by a lengthy freeze. Now, two hours later, the licorice is still very present... and very pleasant.
Rave, yo' da man!:punk: Thank you for your continued subliminal enabling.:letterk1:

And of course, the rest of the team were great too. I love it when a plan comes together. :biggrin:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

SOTD-L-Y_2021-06-18.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Semogue Torga-C3 Finest Mistura 22/49
Croap: LEA Mentholated
Razor: RazoRock Lupo 95 GT Special
Blade: Personna Red (2)
ASL: Licorice and Mint SHOCKER (home brew)

A very cool shave. :001_cool:

After Rave @Raven Koenes's "Squadron Dutch Resistance" shaving soap rave... I thought I'd like to try it. But of course, by then, it was sold out everywhere (including the maker). I did a long search and finally settled on Saponificio Bignoli Liquorice & Mint. I kinda wondered why it was taking so long to get to me so I emailed the supplier only to find he was on holiday (till the 21st). There was a notice on his website but I hadn't "noticed" it. :001_rolle

Anyway, not wanting to miss out on the licorice-for-loonies scene, I ordered some licorice fragrance oil which arrived today. I immediately made my new "Licorice and Mint SHOCKER" splash. Post-shave it was a very pleasant SHOCK of instant burn followed by a lengthy freeze. Now, two hours later, the licorice is still very present... and very pleasant.
Rave, yo' da man!:punk: Thank you for your continued subliminal enabling.:letterk1:

And of course, the rest of the team were great too. I love it when a plan comes together. :biggrin:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:
I love my “liquorice and mint”. Don’t forget Extro “liquirizia e magnolia”, and for a real chilling blast “Glacial Stirling Obsidian”. Panta Rei Zammu is another straight up liquorice like Dutch resistance.
I ❤️ my liquorice.

Saturday SOTD

proxy.php

Razor: 1946/1947 Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Personna Reds (D6)
Brush: Omega EVO Synthetic 28mm
Bowl: Black Ship Grooming 4.5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGLO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Grooming Dept Lime
Balm: Luxx Jasmine Lime
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice Lime
Cologne: Shulton Old Spice Lime

Although I prefer thicker handles (14mm) I found the original to be excellent for control and maneuverability. Sure, the whole Yuma YM-403 is inexpensive, but I wouldn't call it "cheap."

That's just my opinion of course, Hannes. :wink2:
View attachment 1283660
Hi Cal, the whole setup works just fine and I’m with you maneuverability is excellent. The „cheap“ was in regards to the haptic sensation, the poor plating, the looseness of the threads and the leftovers from the casting. It has definitely more character than the Chinese Super Blue Tech that is in the same price range.

SOTD : 19th June 2021.

117.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap. + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic. (Faux Horse)
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving Soap.
Blade : Chinese Gillette London Bridge. (D1)
Razor : Parker 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings, Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.+3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB./Blue Stratos EdT.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Maiden shave using the Chinese made Gillette London Bridge which i have had for while, but have only got round to trying them out....After my week with the Merkur 39c, i will be using the Parker 55SL with all my shaves to put the Chinese Gillette London Bridge blade through its performance paces.

The verdict? Amazingly good! one of the smoothest blades I've used paired together with the Parker 55SL... These blades feel comfortable sharp & smooth...I'm only one shave in granted, but feel as though these are going to become regular favourite in my blade rotation.

A very impressive maiden shave with the Chinese Gillette London Bridge.

A enjoyable close comfortable near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a a few generous squirts of Blue Stratos EdT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Sat 19 BOTR SOTD
Soap Stirling Lemon Chill
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Karve Brass SB-D
Blade Gillette 7 O'clock SharpEdge 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel Lemon Chill + Hyaluronic + TGS Orange Empire
Another awesome lather from the soap. Richly creamy and very slick plus a good scent & cooling sensation...
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very smooth, comfortable, and efficient in 3passes for a mostly bbs result without any issues. Good aftershaves.
20210619_140328.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
658A9D0F-97C9-4BC7-B8D1-45DA2D9CEB5F.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Trafalgar T3.
2) USA: Shaving Soap Long Rifle Voyageur Shaving Soap.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Australia: Aftershave Balm Natio For Men Calming Aftershave Balm.
6) USA: Cologne Pierre Cardin Bleu Marine Cologne.

Razor: Timeless .95 Titanium Scalloped
Blade: Voshkod (1)
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl (Heavyweight)
Brush: Paladin Samurai 26mm
Soap and Aftershave (splash and balm): Barrister and Mann Le Grand Chypre
Rating: 10 / 10

I got some sunburn on my lower face (chin and jaw) that was starting to peel so I contemplated skipping the shave. I sucked it up, took it easy though using a Voshkod that always give me a comfortable shave and did WTG, XTG and XTG instead of a final ATG pass. Got a DFS with no cuts, weepers or irritation and the sunburned area actually felt better after the shave I think from the lather and aftershave balm. Considering I was going to skip the shave, the result was better then I had hoped.

4BDBBCA5-74BE-423B-BC23-E30F37E3162B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom