Blade: Shark Super Stainless (1)
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Stirling Obsidian
Aftershave: Speick After Shave Lotion
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Burberry Britt EDT
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

62EF939B-00BE-4CD0-B2E3-0B81B636C90F.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, Day 6 of Gillette Focus, JANUARY 15, 2021

Nothing like a traditional Fat Friday shave to kick off the day! I have never been a fan of TTO Gillette Adjustables, but have found that a Kai blade seems to elevate what was always a ‘meh’ shave to a decent level. Set at 9, the blade feel is decent and the two pass ATG result was a dolphin smooth dome shave. The old French Point Cast Steel Boker straight razor, while it doesn’t hold an edge as well as some of my newer vintage silver or Tamaghane steel Japanese straights always delivers a buttery smooth three pass mug shave, as it did this morning. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Boker French Point Cast Steel 5/8 (Mug), Gillette Fatboy (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with L’Occitane Cade AS Balm.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
View attachment 1208853
SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, Day 6 of Gillette Focus, JANUARY 15, 2021

Nothing like a traditional Fat Friday shave to kick off the day! I have never been a fan of TTO Gillette Adjustables, but have found that a Kai blade seems to elevate what was always a ‘meh’ shave to a decent level. Set at 9, the blade feel is decent and the two pass ATG result was a dolphin smooth dome shave. The old French Point Cast Steel Boker straight razor, while it doesn’t hold an edge as well as some of my newer vintage silver or Tamaghane steel Japanese straights always delivers a buttery smooth three pass mug shave, as it did this morning. I feel refreshed, clean and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: Boker French Point Cast Steel 5/8 (Mug), Gillette Fatboy (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rearden Razor 316L SS Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with L’Occitane Cade AS Balm.
Awesome setup and pic Jeff. 👍

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, Jan 15th, 2021

Razor: Star bar lather catcher, Model 4-MFG 1919 by the Kampfe brothers Brooklyn NY, one of the best lather catchers I have used.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) Excellent blade, Very sharp, great longevity that smooths out nicely. Predictable.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood. Very nice sandal wood scent with great lather qualities. Cream form.
Brush : Yaqi Artic sky 24mm knot, excellent lather creator with heavenly like soft tips with back bone for a nice scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cols water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: Excellent shave with my Star bar #4 with a coated Gem blade.

SOTD, Fri, Jan 15th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

PSX_20201029_084903.jpg

Razor: Valet AutoStrop VC2 Single Edge razor
Blade: Feather FHS10 single edge
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Bay Patchouli Grapefruit
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Friday Shave

Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: GSB
Soap: RASOZERO Barbacco
Brush: WCS Two Tone Silvertip Badger 26mm
DFS

I've never been a frequent user of aftershaves or other post shaves products, but after discovering Clubman Pinaud I use it after every shave. I absolutely love using this stuff after every shave.

20210115_135024_kindlephoto-208822753.jpg

Last edited:
Friday, 1/15

20210115_132212.jpg

Razor - Rockwell 6S, R5
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Colorado Razor Designs teakwood 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano
A/S - Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano

Awesome shave. This brush is very enjoyable, and the Kaizen lather was exceptional. I just kept putting more and more water in it, and it could've taken more. Great glide, and the Rockwell plowed through the stubble like a boss. Long lasting smoothness and comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom