Biblical Innards
Thursday SOTD with
The Russian Start 1,18 and
The Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 🐺
2 Fresh Med Prep blades
RR Emperor soap and splash
Red Cedar with 25mm STF

2 time using the Russian Start 1.18
it's on loan from a good friend so I will be using it everyday this week . Today it shared the stage with The 🐺 1.15.
This was a Shave Off but I am going to hold back on the comparison of the 2 wonderful Razors .
I will say that the Shave was excellent and that the blade was a great match for my face
and the scent and lather was exceptional.
And the brush with the STF knot is quickly moving up in my rotation.
IMG_20200227_070019.jpg

Razor: Viking Captain
Prep: Liquid hand face soap
Brush: Omega 11126
Blade: Viking Mild (7th shave, trying to stretch it out till the Fixed Four for March starts)
Soap: Proraso Red (using rain water)
A/S : Aqua Musk
Rating: 9.0 A good basic shave, minimal stubble. Having trouble shaving over facial scratches from a dog's affectionate pawing.

Thursday 27th February

Yaqi Metal Timberwolf - Signature Soaps Eboracum - The Leaf Razor (3 blade option) - Al-Rehab Dakar EDP

A very interesting deviation from the norm today. I was always intrigued by the Leaf but had no desire to bear the cost of importing it from the US. Last week I discovered it for sale in the UK and jumped at the opportunity. Not a seductive razor.....more wham bam thank you ma'am. It was all over before I got properly started!
2 passes for a 'Face Feeler'

Thursday SOTD with
The Russian Start 1,18 and
The Wolfman WR2 SB 1.15 🐺
2 Fresh Med Prep blades
RR Emperor soap and splash
Red Cedar with 25mm STF

2 time using the Russian Start 1.18
it's on loan from a good friend so I will be using it everyday this week . Today it shared the stage with The 🐺 1.15.
This was a Shave Off but I am going to hold back on the comparison of the 2 wonderful Razors .
I will say that the Shave was excellent and that the blade was a great match for my face
and the scent and lather was exceptional.
And the brush with the STF knot is quickly moving up in my rotation.
View attachment 1067584

Love that brush. You are gifted.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur Feb 27th 2020- this a interesting razor design for installing gem blades.

Razor: Eveready 1924 (Shovel head) + E.R strop Streamline handle- MFG 1924-33
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6)
Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Very nice citrus scent with good lather properties.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- Great little brush.
Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + 1 tiny blemish weeper= :a17: Great shave

SOTD,Feb 27th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Thursday, 2/27:

20200227_102111.jpg

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Simpson's 58 23mm best badger
Soap - Phoenix & Beau Albion
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

I wanted to go back to a classic today, so the Merkur it was. Even after several years, this razor is still one of my absolute favorites. It handles so well and is such a smooth shaver. I used the same Astra as yesterday, and I do have a feeling it's a bad blade, but the shave was still a very good one. My lather was poor & thin, which I think was partly because I underloaded, overwatered a little, and in large part because it's the first use of the Simpson 58. I always find the first couple uses of badger brushes to be a little substandard, and then as they become conditioned they perform much better. The brush is a joy to use though; great handle and great knot, very reminiscent of the X3. Even with a crappy lather, the shave was close, comfortable, and my face feels refreshed with a nice clear complexion.

Top Bottom