Bill

Thursday shave

DCB115F6-49F6-4FF0-B736-B1B30D4EBD62.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Razor Defense face scrub
Soap: Eufros Tierra Humeda
Brush: Simpson Astor A1 in Best
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto, #1
Blade: Astra SP, #1

First use of the FOCS tonight, or of any Fatip, for that matter. The shave didn't result in the choirs of angels singing that I expected (hoped) from the reviews, but it was pretty good for a first shave. Two passes and touch-ups for DFS with a small patch of CCS and some feedback from the alum. After two weeks with the Timeless, the FOCS felt unusually light and the short handle took some getting used to. I look forward to to seeing how this one develops.

My wife chose this shave today with the exception of the cutlery. Looking forward to giving this razor a try.
20210409_074735.jpg

While listening to John Butler Trio - Better Than today a phrase in the song "The grass may be greener but it's just as hard to mow" put my in a great frame of mind today.

Have a great day!

Thursday shave

DCB115F6-49F6-4FF0-B736-B1B30D4EBD62.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Razor Defense face scrub
Soap: Eufros Tierra Humeda
Brush: Simpson Astor A1 in Best
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto, #1
Blade: Astra SP, #1

First use of the FOCS tonight, or of any Fatip, for that matter. The shave didn't result in the choirs of angels singing that I expected (hoped) from the reviews, but it was pretty good for a first shave. Two passes and touch-ups for DFS with a small patch of CCS and some feedback from the alum. After two weeks with the Timeless, the FOCS felt unusually light and the short handle took some getting used to. I look forward to to seeing how this one develops.
I have 4 of the older Fatips, and used the 'GENTILE ' yesterday. I don't have the slant or any of the latest models. Their good razors and I enjoy going to them from time to time, but they aren't my favorites.
Thank you for your post.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

56AC1E35-4629-48C8-A9DF-1C1A0458CA03.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, APRIL 9, 2021

Welcome to Wool Fat Friday! There are certain razors that are classics, and without a doubt the R. Saito SK3 7/8 fits the billing! Designed by the Royal Barber, Ryuichi Saito, to the Japanese throne, it just feels great in hand. After a touch up on the Naniwa 12K followed by two pasted and a leather stropping, it obliterated my mug stubble in three slow luxurious passes floating on a carpeting of slick, MWF lather.

This was my second outing with my son’s blue resin handle fitted with a Silvertip Badger knot, and all I can say is, “me likee”! What a great lather builder. The knot is incredibly soft, but still has just the right amount of backbone. Unlike many who face lather their MWF, I prefer bowl lathering. And not all brushes are up to it, but this one certainly delivered gobs of thick, rich, slick lather. Slathering it on my mug really felt good.

After that great mug shave, I took advantage of the rich, slick lather remaining in my lather bowl. As I said above, the brush felt so good that I again spent extra time painting the lather on my dome. The Gibbs Adjustable #17 is the French razor that inspired the Rex Ambassador design. This morning, after nipping the tabs on a Polsilver, and loading it, I swept away my noggin stubble in two ATG passes. I do like the blade feel on this little razor! I feel refreshed, clean, and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: R. Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), Gibbs Adjustable #17
BLADE: Modified Polsilver DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: BG Blue Resin Handled Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence AS Balm.

SOTD - Friday 09 April 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Gillette - Parat
  • Blade: Kai
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Vastness B4 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister And Mann - Le Grand Chyphre
  • After-Shave: Summer Break Soaps - Bell Ringer - Splash
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm
  • Fragrance: Acqua di Parma - Colonia Intensa - EdC (100 ml)

Razor: STAR - Silver Tone DE 1946-1959
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)
Brush: Simpsons: Special 1 Best Badger 20mm
Pre-Shave: Innisfree - Jeju Volcanic Pore Cleansing Foam
Lather: Stirling Barbershop
Aftershave: Stirling Barbershop (splash)
Additional Care:
Innisfree - Green Tea Balancing Skin EX (Toner)
EDP - Stirling Barbershop
D6777170-8EF9-40B0-B017-DEC1F4FD37B8.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Friday, April 9th 2021

Razor: Kai Luffy Style shavette- Mfg 2018> well made Zamac folding razor, easy to manipulate around the face, good razor to learn with or just enjoy as a seasoned shaver. This style of Shavette allows a person to access Feather or Kai guarded blades.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded- excellent blade, Sharp & smooth + well made. Great way to learn and reduce nicks & weepers. I like this blade so much that I bought a AC SE razor to try out.
Soap: Razorock XXX- nice clean scent, Excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Moka express synthetic, nice to look at handle with nice 24 mm knot. Excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips + gentle scrub & great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear aloe Vera on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 pickups. WTG + 2X ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + minor irritation + some weepers= :a17:Excellent shave with my Kai style folding shavette + Kai protouch guarded blades.
SOTD, Fri, April 9th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Frid shave frame 2.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
AoS Sandalwood Tallow Formula
Brush
Simpson Chubby 2, Best
Bowl
Captain’s Choice Copper
Razor
Karve SS SB
Blade
Wizamet
Aftershave
Thayers WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10.
Comments
It will be interesting to see how long this remnant of the AoS soap lasts. I wish AoS would have kept the tallow version of this fine soap. The Chubby does a great job making lather. A nice, luxurious shave.

20210408_083611.jpg

Razor: Gem Junior Traveller Set
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Shannon's Soaps Botanica
Aftershave: Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

20210409_121652-01-01.jpeg
SOTD (099/2021)
09-04-2021

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: La Toja Shavestick
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Polsiver Super Iridium (1)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Speick ~ Men Active ASL.

Have a great day, y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom