What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" April 1st - April 7th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday 04/07

Maiden voyage, at least to me, of this Schick Dial, in pretty good condition may I say.

Really close , comfortable shave as well. Some feedback from the alum block, but I bet it was user inflicted.

I have to confess, that out of all my razors, the General SS and the injector ones, those are the ones that eventhough are close, also are easy to use and comfortable at the same time.

With ALL I need to do a 3 full pass shave and a 4th for clean ups, buffing, pick ups, call it what you like, but only the injectors have gone beyond BBS to the realm of Baby Dolphin Smooth.

Razor, Schick Dial, on 8
Blade, Schich injector blade from China, 1st use
Brush, Razorock big bruce
Soap, PAA Atmotic
Aftershave, Maggards' alum block, Thayer's witchhazel, The Body Shop Kistna Post aftershave balm,
EDT, Burberry, The Beat
proxy.php

Enviado desde mi moto g(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

One more week...
Lather Bros. | Howling Winter
Leo Frilot Tru-Stone 322 | AP Shave Co. SilkSmoke 28mm
Phoenix Shaving | Ascension Double Open Comb SS
Triad | Rolling Hex SS
Treet | Platinum Super Stainless Steel

proxy.php

Just a few quick comments on this shave. "Howling Winter" is Lather Bros.' homage to Cool Water. Not having experienced the target, I can't speak to its accuracy. Howling Winter is a crisp aquatic with faint icy green notes by way of spearmint and peppermint. However, it's not overwhelmingly minty, but rather just enough to "smell" cool without feeling tingly. Overall, this is a very pleasant clean fragrance.

Now to the shaver. I've spoken about the Ascension SS previously, but I just can't get over the efficiency of this razor. In my experience, the original DOC was a good daily shaver, but I shave every other day. The Phoenix couldn't handle my 48-hour growth without a shim. The Ascension is a different story. I was approaching 3 day's growth, and this razor yielded a smooth-as-glass dome after a single against-the-grain pass. Truly an amazing shaver.

If you're wondering about the after-market handle, it's my beloved handle from my DE days. After becoming enamored with vintage SEs and injectors, I'd all but abandoned my DEs, but I sorely missed this Toby Sooter production. The Ascension is the only razor that brings me back into the DE realm. Given that the handle is 316L SS, and weight within a gram of the stock Ascension handle, it's as if it were made for it.

Ern Persian 5/8 (freshly touched up on lapping film 3um, 1um, 0.3um)
Stirling Texas on Fire
Semogue 610
Alum, Pinaud Clubman, Nivea Sensitive ASB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A superb shave set up Patti..The Sweet orange Chilli Pepper looks a fantasic duo..Your so fortunate to be able to get such wonderful shaving assortments on your side of the pond..In the UK we're not.:thumbdown

Regards. B ;)

Thank you, sir. And, yep, Sweet Orange Chili Pepper scent is as appealing as it sounds — though, if it makes you feel any better, I would happily trade the balm part of the duo for a matching aftershave.

Patti

SOTD - Sunday 07 April 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Paradigm - 17-4
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Wolf Whiskers / Maggard Razors - Tyrion Rocky Road - 26mm Fan (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Wholly Kaw - Tempest
  • After-Shave: Wholly Kaw - Tempest
  • Fragrance: Rebul - Aqua - EdC (100 ml)

Um, that brush is quite nice.

Patti

Sunday Evening

‘57 Gillette Red Tip
Personna Med (21)
Col. Conk Badger
Cella
Proraso Sandalwood AS
I’d set this particular blade aside
for awhile as I use blades in rotation, no set order. It’s cutting smoothly quite well. Usually with a Med Prep blade in good condition and the Red Tip I get a really close result. The performance, slickness and cushion of the Cella is the best out of all the soaps I have. It beats Proraso for my face.

Razorhead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom