What's new

🍾 ⌚️ 👔 SOTD - “FANCY WEEK” August 8th, 2022 to August 14th, 2022 🍾 ⌚️ 👔

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Mokume brass/copper by Carbon is my feeling fancy day razor. So pleased with it but I don't tell anyone how much I paid for it and don't go out of my way to display it. Fantastic shave today with this kit.
Imagepipe_14.jpg

(Meant to post previously:). Not a shave of today (will post that next) but yesterday).
So, not fancy but a northern woods shave day using the brand new GD Diamond Dust.

Brush: Morris & Forndran Heritage II Blonde Badger
Soap: Grooming Dept Diamond Dust
Razor: Haircut & Shave N075
Blade: Bic
Aftershave splash: Talbot Shaving/ Maol Champlain
Aftershave splash addition: Summer Break Icy Stare
Balm/gel: Fitjar Fjellheim (didn't need it but just wanted to try another northern woods scent on top)

Altogether, a winner. I like fir/pine/balsam scents and the GD rocked for me. It's a light, crisp, clean balsam scent that is captured by the label: like walking in a pine forest on a winter's day. The WS-23 cooling agent is not heavy but adds a slight touch of cooling. The GD Kairos base, of course, is solid. And when paired with Talbot's Champlain (named after Lake Champlain in the northern New York/Vermont woods), this was like a small trip up to the New York Adirondack Mountains. I added some more WS-23 from Icy Stare and all's good.
2022.08.11 - Diamond Dust N075 MF.jpeg

TODAY's shave...

Soap: Captain's Choice Lime
Brush: Elite Azurite Manchurian White
Razor: RS-10
Blade: GSB
Aftershave: Captain's Choice Lime

First time using a Captain's Choice soap. Very impressed. The Lime was also a fine choice. Lathered beautiful, was slick, and the lime stuck around after. A good shave, indeed.
2022.08.12 - Captains Choice RS-10 Elite Azur.jpeg

full

08/12/22

Fatboy Friday
All Aventus August
Fancy

Preshave: Warm Shower
Brush: M&F Heritage II Hybrid Bicolor L7
Bowl: Face Lathered
Soap: Fine Accoutrements Platinum Classic tallow
Razor: 1959 Gillette Fatboy w7-x9-a5
Blade: Vintage Schick Stainless Steel
Splash, Balm, and Frag: Fine Accoutrements Platinum, Neutragena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream
Rating: 9.8 darn near BBS

The results of today’s shave was Darn Near BBS. My chin and jawline have a bit of scruff ATG, but, you have to hunt for it in spots. I have never had a bad shave with a Fatboy. I have gotten closer shaves with it than with my last several Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB. Think about that for a second.

As far as fancy goes, I think my M&F Heritage II fits the bill. It was certainly my most costly brush. I think it is lightly treated, but, it has none of the negative gel knot yuckiness I have experienced with lesser knots. I don't know how this compares to the old Heritage, but, it is a face latherers dream.

full

The vintage Schick Stainless with Krona Edges is great. Smooth and sharp. This is not the blade from the pif. I’m not sure when these are from. I have a small selection of vintage blades to include 3 kinds of Schicks.

Last edited:

Saturday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Supply Provision The Single Edge
Blade: Personna (6)
Brush: Vie-Long 75th Anniversary LE
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: SheaMoisture African black soap
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Tiki Soap LE Fougère
Balm: HTGAM Meta Nectar
Aftershave: TSM Fougère Toner

2022-08-12

Ikea Bowl ¤ Semogue 820 ¤ Merkur 1904 + Schick Ultra
Blues Shaving Soap ¤ Floïd Suave ¤ Alvarez Gómez Barberia

proxy.php
Superb shave set up...+ 1 on the Blue's Shaving soap...Wonderful Stuff!..You have jogged my scatter-brained memory to add it to my soap & cream rotation.

SOTD : 13th August 2022.

1.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Nivea Men DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears with Mint Extracts Transparent Bar Soap
Brush: Fine 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl
Lather: OSP Grapefruit & Menthol Shaving Cream.
Blade : Feather Hi Stainless .(D1)
Razor : Merkur 39C.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezings,Cold Water Face Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel)./Alcolado Glacial mentholated Splash Lotion./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

Greetings,

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend.... Maiden shave pairing the Feather Hi Stainless with the Merkur 39C.

I intend to do a focus for the next few weeks with the Feather Hi Stainless after not adding them to my blade rotation for a while.

My first few shaving experiences with the Feather Hi Stainless where uncomfortable which was down to my lack of shaving experience technique & shaving confidence which had nothing to do with the blade itself.

I have mentioned before that i was stupidly naive at the time in believing the daunting exaggerated mythological fearsome reputation reviews on them which planted a seed of hesitation in my mind before my first maiden shave with them... However my reacquaintance with them earlier this year has now vastly changed, i now find when i shave with them they are smooth and efficient, and are a pleasure to shave with. My only crit with them is the longevity of them, which for me is 2-3 shaves max before they lose their smoothness.

The Merkur 39c slant is such a wonderful solidly built smooth non-aggressive razor and like the 37C it's smaller handled sibling each time i have put it in my razor rotation i have had consistently good smooth shaves with it, today was no exception and Paired up with the Feather Hi stainless superbly feeling smooth & efficient.

A close comfortable face & head shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling smooth & smelling divine.😉

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
8603BAA3-7DF8-450F-818F-1C6D264B80BF.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Brush Hawkins and Brimble Synthetic brush.
2) Turkey: Shaving Soap Arko Shave sticks grated into a puck.
3) USA: Razor Gillette NDC Gold Ball End Tech.
4) Malaysia: Razor Blade Jaws Platinum.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Skin and Stubble Balm.
7) USA: EDT Vera Wang For Men Cologne.

Sat 13 1st proper SOTD in Aotearoa
Soap Stirling Pumpkin Spice
Brush Yaqi 22mm Ever-Helpful 2 Band Badger
Razor Gillette New SC
Blade Gillette London Bridge 1st
Aftershave New Plymouth cold water + B&M Cheshire Balm
Excellent soap qualities! Perfect for the winter...including aftershave balm...
Excellent shave with the razor paired with the blade. Very happy with the 3passes for a bbs finish...
20220813_203035.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom